Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Holy Freezing Cold!

I woke up this morning FREEZING cold! I went to check the heater, convinced that Thomas had flipped it down while he was getting ready this morning. It was actually set higher than I usually have it... but the temperature gauge read below 60 degrees! eek! I flipped the heater up to about 80 and the heat kicked right on, got hot, stayed on for about five minutes, got the temperature in the house up to about 60, and kicked off. We have a problem! So, I talked to our landlord and she is going to call some people and have her husband come look at it when he gets home. Thankfully, we have a gas fireplace that will keep it warm in the family room and we have two space heaters that we can plug in tonight to stay warm. Hannah will just have to sleep in the family room. Her room feels like a refrigerator! Seriously. It is so cold in there! We have bad luck with heaters! Ours went out in our last apartment, too, and they never did fix it. Thankfully, our landlords here are better at getting stuff done. They have 48 hours to either fix it themselves or get a tech out here to look at it. That is what they have in the lease agreement at least. And as it is so freaking cold out here, I will actually follow through to make sure it gets fixed. I don't think we'll have a problem, though. They are really nice and have been really great about everything so far.

3 comments:

Mary said...

Whoa. Thats not good. I was wondering how its been going with those windows. Hopefully they can get the heat fixed fast!! It is way too cold to be without good heat. WAY too cold.

The Bennett Bunch said...

Oh my gosh, hopefully it gets fixed very soon. You could check the laws in the state you live in about their timeframe they have to get it done. There may be options for ya. Hope you guys are warm and toasty very soon!! Love your blog header!!

Aleisha said...

Oh boy, do I know how you feel. It never gets above 65 in my home right now. I live in a summer home, and the space heaters here are terrible. Lets just say, we sleep with a LOT of blankets and have a lot of layers on. Its stinking bone chilling cold here. I really miss central air...LOL