Friday, January 25, 2008

going crazy.... nothing unusual here!

It's almost midnight. Hannah is still playing in her bed, sneaking out every few minutes to ask me a "very important question." Usually something like "Um, Mom. Can I ask you a very important question? Uhm. Uhm. Uhm. What are we having for breakfast tomorrow morning?" OR "Um, Mom. Can I ask you a very important question? Uhm. Uhm. Uhm. Will Ainsley be nice to me tomorrow?" Ugh. Go back to bed, kid! I got NO sleep last night and it appears that my fate will be the same tonight. Thomas went to bed an HOUR ago. Lucky man! Ainsley finally gave up the fight about ten minutes ago. She's been crying in her bed for almost an hour. I'm such a mean mom.

Okay, while I am waiting for my daughter to go to sleep, I have been blog browsing and thought I would browse the digital scrapbooking forums that I frequent. I clicked my way over to DST and they are down for a security upgrade... But I could see that I HAVE A NEW MESSAGE there and I can't access it. What is the message??? Who is it from? I never get messages there. I'm dying of curiosity! I have been clicking over there and refreshing my browser every few minutes and it is still down! Yes, I am one of those people who can't let the answering machine light blink or leave a voicemail on my cell phone or an email unread. I can't stand this!!!

BUT, Ainsley started eating Cheerios today. She loved them. She kept banging on her tray when she couldn't reach the Cheerios! It was so cute. And I think I forgot to mention that she started eating spaghetti on Tuesday night. She loves it. She ate as much as Hannah did that night. I just cut it up into teeny tiny pieces and fed her. It was GREAT! It's kind of nice having her not like baby food. But that means I HAVE to make something for dinner that she will eat. Tonight was green beans. She isn't a fan. So she ate a lot of Cheerios. Okay, I'm off to check DST again to see if it's up... but first, I'll leave you with a picture of me & the girlies that I took the other day. chocolate chip cookies for dessert. Hannah ate her entire dinner, including the chicken! Hannah doesn't eat meat unless it is extremely processed! You know, like nuggets, hotdogs, bologna... She ate a TON of green beans, too. About half the can. I was proud of her. She cracks me up lately. Every time she goes to get a snack she asks me if it is a "healthy choice snack." Thank goodness for Captain Carlos on the Disney Channel! She wants to "power up the Captain Carlos way!". It has actually helped her to eat more pretzels (as opposed to chips), craisins (instead of fruit snacks), and fresh fruits and veggies. The kid loves tomatoes and grapes and bananas. She even ate a sugar snap pea the other day just because I told her it was healthy. She didn't like it so much, but she pretended to! :) She ate an apple today, too. AND she ate REAL milk yogurt. Woohoo! Much cheaper than soy! She actually ate two yogurts. Ainsley wasn't a fan, though.Have I mentioned lately that I love my George Foreman grill??? I did grilled garlic chicken breasts for dinner tonight and then baked them with a little barbecue sauce on top for about ten minutes. Yum! We had them with roasted potatoes & green beans. And of course we had oatmeal chocolate chip cookies after dinner!

Hannah wanted a picture of "just daddy's girls!" taken yesterday. :) Thomas always calls us his three girls and Hannah thinks it is so cute! She wanted to send this picture to Daddy at work, but I just uploaded it to the computer today because my camera battery died. Anyway... Please excuse the eyebrows, I can't find my tweezers!

We love you, Tommy!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Mere,
I FOUND YOUR TWIZZERS IN MY DIAPER BAG! I am so sorry. You let me borrow them at the Porter Anniversary/Reunion. It's all 6 months Late. =( Sorry! Pls Forgive me.