Wednesday, January 16, 2008

sick kids update

Yep, they're still sick. I took them to the doctor yesterday. I was convinced that Ainsley had another ear infection because she has been digging at her ears. Nope. Totally clear. Her lungs are clear, too. Ainsley just has a cold. And because she is so young I can't give her anything. I thought that Hannah probably just had a cold, but since she has been running a fever since Friday, I figured I should get her checked out. The doctor checked her throat and it looks fine. She looked in Hannah's ears and then asked Hannah if her ears hurt. Hannah looked at her and said, "Nope. My nose is running and I have a funny sounding frog in my throat." The doctor just laughed at her and said that she was very impressed by how happy Hannah seemed when she had such a severe ear infection and a temperature of 102!!! So, Hannah in on amoxicillan for the next ten days. And I have to watch Ainsley for an ear infection. And worst of all, Thomas is sick, too. I got a total of about three hours of sleep last night because of all the coughing. Ainsley fussed all night, too. I hate coughing. It just sets my nerves on edge. I am just dreading getting this cold. My throat and ears hurt a bit. I am hoping that is the worst it gets. I have to go. They are both trying to get my attention.

4 comments:

chrissy said...

I'm sorry they're sick, but I'm glad it's not something more serious. I hope you don't get it!

Misty Cato said...

Just made it to your blog for the first time. Sorry to hear your kiddos are sick. I love the 'I believe' quotes you posted below. Wonderful food for thought. Congrats on all your CT offers too - I'm thrilled to have you.

Mary said...

yuck! when is your break coming? I hope everyone gets better soon. and I'm praying you don't get it!!!

Cardalls said...

Try rubbing Vicks on the bottom of their feet then put socks on. It sounds CRAZY, but it totally stopped the coughing on my 2 year old when he was really sick with an ear infection.