Wednesday, January 02, 2008

update...

Okay... the heat. If I turn the heater completely off, wait a couple of minutes, then turn it back on, it kicks on and stays on until it gets to about 65 degrees. Then it kicks off and doesn't come back on until I turn it completely off, wait a couple of minutes and then turn it back on. It also doesn't matter how high I turn the temperature, it only get to just barely warmer than 65 degrees. Sooooo, we won't freeze, but it does get cold if I am not paying attention and forget to turn it back on. The landlord thinks it is probably just the thermostat and her husband is going to come take a look this evening and if he can't fix it with a trip to Home Depot, they'll get a tech out here tomorrow. I told them we have space heaters, so we'll be okay for tonight.

And good news, kind of! Ainsley has two brand new top teeth! Good news for her, not so good news for Mommy since she likes to bite! lol! I am determined to get this baby taking a bottle! She drank about an ounce of formula last night. But I am glad to know why she has been so miserable lately... two teeth at one time! I guess I would rather have the teething over in one miserable week than have two weeks of misery for two teeth!

and.... I retired from one of my creative teams. I decided not to re-up for Maria's team. I love her work, but I just don't have the time to devote to her that I should. She deserves someone who can put the time in. I am cutting back on a lot of non-essentials right now. I need to recharge and shift my focus a bit. Oh well!

3 comments:

chrissy said...

I'm sorry about your furnace! It doesn't help that it's been, like, 2 degrees outside! Good thing you have space heaters to keep you warm till they fix it.

Aleisha said...

I hope it gets fixed soon. Its no fun being cold. Especially with little ones.

Mary said...

65 is still COLD! Hope it gets fixed soon. If its just the thermostat, make them get you a digital one. Here is a cheap one. You can get it programmable for about $20 more
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100047225&N=10000003+90401&marketID=401&locStoreNum=8125&D=themostat