Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Turn your blog into a book!

I have noticed that I tend to put my kids' milestones on my blog and I usually forget to write them down somewhere. I put little stories about them on my blog and then I forget them. This blog is in someways, my family journal. It is as much a part of our family culture as our scrapbooks. So, I have been looking into ways to back up my blog. I recently started having blogger email my blog to me when I post. BUT it doesn't email any edits to me. And I don't get the comments emailed to me linked to the same post. All of the comments are emailed separately. Sooo, I heard about a company called Blurb that prints custom books. I have not personally seen one of these in real life. BUT I have some online buddies who have printed them and love them! They do cookbooks, photobooks, poetry books and apparently BLOG BOOKS! They have a technology that literally pulls all of your blog content into a book. You can edit the photo placement and options. The prices aren't terrible either. If you look at it like the cost of a journal, photo printing, etc... it makes the price seem much more appealing. PLUS, you'll actually do this, even if you don't write in your journal.

Check out the Blog Books here.

4 comments:

chrissy said...

Missy (Hancock's Sis in law) had something on her blog a while back about this. Doesn't it sound so cool??? One day when money's not so tight, I want to look into doing this. But I've been blogging for, I think, almost three years! So it would take a stack of these to publish my blog! Until then, has any body figured out how to backup a blog? I'd like to back it up and save it to a disk if possible...

Any ideas?

Meredith said...

I haven't figured out a way to do this, other than to simply copy and paste into a word document. That doesn't mean that there isn't a way... the Blurb books say that they can handle thousands of posts per book. It's $80 for a 440 page hardcover book... not too bad. Think of how many posts that is. And how many posts would you delete? I don't really care about all the quiz's and games. know what i mean?

Sarah said...

I'm so glad you found this. I've often felt guilty that somehow I never have time to write in my journal, but I always seem to make time to post on my blog. I wondered if there was a way to put it to print. I will definitely check this out!

Cardalls said...

Thanks for posting this...I had heard of these but didn't know the website. I would like to do this as well.