Sunday, January 20, 2008

so, we didn't make it to church...

AGAIN! Our poor bishop is going to think that we are completely inactive! And I guess that we sort of are, however unintentional that may be. When that alarm rang at 7:30 this morning, there was no way in the world I was getting out of my bed. I couldn't have even if I wanted to. My entire body aches from head to toe. I didn't get to sleep until about 4:30, Ainsley woke up at 5:30 to eat. I tried to sit on the couch and feed her, but I couldn't. She kept kicking me, trying to get get onto her right side. She sleeps on her right side. So, I made the terrible mistake of just laying her in bed with us. That meant that she nursed the rest of the "night" and I didn't get good sleep, which I desperately need. Hannah slept in until 10. She still has a nasty nose and cough, so it is probably a good thing she didn't go spread it around Primary. But at least she has a voice again. Ainsley's cough sounds a bit different today. I haven't figured out if it is good different or bad different. We may be taking another trip to the pediatrician's office tomorrow. I seriously hope not, though. I can't afford this! At least we have health insurance now.

So, what is it about being sick and craving hamburgers??? Yep, we had hamburgers again for lunch today. We justified it by saying that we HAD to use the last of the wheat buns, and we didn't want chicken. And I wanted to try the sweet potato fries that Kathryn mentioned in my healthy eating post. Delicious!!!!

Sweet Potato Fries (courtesy of Kathryn)
Peel sweet potatoes and cut into wedges.
Sprinkle with oil & salt.
Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, flip, bake 15 minutes more or until your wedges are crunchy.
I also sprinkled with pepper & a bit of garlic powder, because that is how I like my baked sweet potatoes.

Thomas even willingly took one bite! He didn't necessarily like it, but he's still alive! Hannah is protesting eating her sweet potato fries. She wants pretzels instead. I'm not caving! She just has to eat one bite. But I managed to eat about 2/3 of 2 potatoes... can you eat too many sweet potatoes? :)

and they are even good cold! I just went back and ate a few more fries!

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm glad you liked them! We douse them in Ketchup. Maybe H & T would eat them that way? Or, even better, fry sauce!

Kathryn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meredith said...

I ate them with Ketchup, too. Thomas did agree to try them again another day. Maybe with something other than hamburgers? I think they would be good with grilled chicken sandwiches or something like that. Thanks so much, Kathryn! Even if the veggie haters in my family never eat them, I LOVE them!