Tuesday, January 22, 2008

the best oatmeal chocolate chip cookies EVER

So, I modified the Hershey's Milk Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe. They were so good. Want the recipe??? Here you go!

Hershey's Chocolate Chip Cookies (Meredith's version!)
2 sticks butter
2 eggs
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/2 cups white flour
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup milk chocolate chips
Bake at 375 degrees for 10-12 minutes

Next time I am going to use 1 1/2 cup wheat flour, 1 cup white flour... I'm currently out of wheat flour. Anyway, that's it for now... the cookies were DELICIOUS!

If you want them without the oatmeal, I use 3 cups flour. If you follow the recipe exactly as it is on the bag, they are really really thin and crispy. That's pretty much the only variation I make. Next time, I will probably add another tablespoon of brown sugar.

1 comment:

chrissy said...

YUM! i'll have to try these. the oatmeal actually sounds good in them. my favorite cookies, lately, are just plain oatmeal. no raisins, no choco chips, no nuts. just oatmeal. they're sooooo good.