Sunday, January 20, 2008

there is a fine line between love and hate...

Well, folks, it is 3am on Sunday. I have church in six hours. Why, then, am I still awake? Because about three and a half hours ago, I took some Sudafed for my cold. My heart is racing and I can't sleep. I'm exhausted from not sleeping for the last few days, but I am just not sleepy. This can't be good for me. I hate Sudafed! BUT the good news is that I CAN breathe again and my head doesn't feel like it is going to explode anymore. I love Sudafed. I just wish it would let me sleep...

So, for dinner tonight, I ended up making soup & homemade bread. The soup was just 1/2 a chicken breast (diced), 4 or 5 large potatoes, a large carrot, a small clove of garlic, 1 carton of chicken broth and a small beef bouillon cube. I threw it in the crockpot and let it simmer while the bread was mixing and baking. I seasoned it with onion powder, a tiny bit of season salt, black pepper and a dash of cumin. The cumin added a little spicy touch without being overpowering. I was hoping to use curry powder, but I couldn't find my bottle. Thomas has been complaining for days that he can't taste anything with this cold, so I thought I would spice up dinner a bit for him. And the reason I used half a chicken breast is because the last time I bought chicken, I cut up a couple of the chicken breasts into strips and portioned them into Ziploc bags for things like stirfry & fajitas & soups. If there are enough potatoes and breads, you don't really need the extra meat. I know, most people are going off carbs and eating more meat, but I can't. I am already allergic to eggs so I have to watch how much poultry I eat. AND meat is so dang expensive these days. I'd rather buy a bag of potatoes anyday!

No comments: