Tuesday, January 08, 2008

BORED out of my stinking mind!

So, it's 11:30pm. My husband and both of my kids are sleeping. I am exhausted and don't feel well. I NEED sleep. So, why am I still awake? Because I am in the middle of backing up my hard drive and feel like I can't stop until it's done! You would think that this would give me a perfect excuse to scrapbook since I have uninterrupted time. Nope! Photoshop is such a memory hog that I can't run it efficiently when I am also running ACDSee, the program I use to burn DVDs. Even with 2GB RAM, I can't run both programs when I am burning DVDs. So far, I have burned 20 GB worth of files off my hard drive. AND I really need to purge my scrapping supplies. BUT I have another 650 folders (not 650 kits! kits are typically 3 to 4 folders each, some are ten or more!) worth of digital scrapbooking supplies that I need to tag and sort first. I haven't cleaned off my hard drive in so long! And since I am leaving two Creative Teams, I can remove all of those kits from my hard drive and back them up on DVDs. That will be HUGE! I feel the need to clean and organize and purge. I would really like to do that in my house, but I feel too sick! My throat and ears hurt. Yuck! Ainsley woke up this morning sounding croupy and she was super clingy all day. I don't want to take her to the doctor just to have them tell me that it's just a cold. So, if she wakes up coughing like that in the morning, I'll call them. I can't handle all of us getting sick again. We are getting flu shots next year! We all got them last year and we were healthy. But not this year. We didn't have an extra $100 for all four of us to get them. We've spent more than that in doctor's visits, medications and tissues! lol! I don't even want to think about what a nightmare this will be if Hannah gets it. We have just gotten her eating meals again after the stomach virus. When she coughs, she makes herself throw up. She can't afford to throw up anymore. She is so skinny. Her little cheeks make her look bigger than she is. She is so tiny! anyway... my DVD is about done burning. So, I'm going to finish up and go to bed. 'Nite folks!

No comments: