Monday, January 07, 2008

today...

Thanks for all of your comments and emails on my forgiveness post. I am working on it. I want everyone to know that I really am fine. My little family is fine. I can manage to go hours at a time without thinking about the hurtful things in my life. But sometimes it just hits me and reminds me that I need to move past it. I normally don't put anything that personal on my blog, but I truly felt prompted to share my feelings about these experiences with you all. If it helps one person, it is worth it! And in that vein...

I have decided that I don't want to have just another blog full of fluff about my life, that no one really cares about. So... my dear friends, I am going to start posting an occasional post that will be educational and informative. And not just about digital scrapbooking! lol! I saw a commercial the other day about how 1 in 4 kids in the state of Utah will be touched inappropriately before the age of 18. 1 in 4... with some of the families in Utah, that's more than one kid in each family! And this is in Utah, one of the safest places to live in the United States. What are the statistics in other states? My college major is Marriage, Family & Human Development. I figure that it is about time for me to start sharing the knowledge that I was able to glean from my college education. And if I can help one person or one child to stay safe, it will be worth it! It will take me a while to get stuff together for my first educational post. So, in the meantime, enjoy more of my scrapbook pages and fun fluff posts!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I care about all your "fluff" (doesn't that mean f-a-r-t. lol) I thought about writing more informative things too, but most of the things i talk about are frivulous (however you spell that)... but I am interested in learning what you want to post.

Brown Family said...

I love reading blogs. I love the feeling that I get from reading blogs of friends and family far away. It makes me feel like I am really there. I enjoy all the pictures you take and have had fun getting to know you better through the blog world. I am anxious to read your educational posts, but I do enjoy reading your "fluff" stuff!

Mary said...

ditto to what they said. Look forward to the educational, but enjoy the fluff. :) Keep it up!

Angie said...

Hey, random question... How do I have people's comments on my blog emailed to me? I keep missing comments because I forget to check the old posts... Thanks, love you.

GummyMadness said...

"I can see the sign to Outback but I can't get through the parking lot!!!"

I don't think there's much hope for you to learn the techincal things, Ang. <3

Sarah said...

Hey Meredith!

I found your blog on Alisha Brown's blog, I hope you don't mind me looking! I think you are very brave to post something so personal to you. I know the pain and anger that you are referring to. It sounds like you've gotten a lot of great advice on that subject, so I won't burden you with mine. I hope you are having a better day.

I did want to tell you that I think I'm getting into digital scrapbooking. My sister-in-law kind of got me hooked. I love your layouts. What program do you use?

Feel free to check out my blog. It's www.thosepoorpeople.blogspot.com

I miss you guys!