Wednesday, March 21, 2007

today...

okay, so thomas didn't go back to work today. it's looking more like friday now. i am putting him to work tomorrow! my shower needs scrubbed and guess who is going to do it! i scrubbed hannah's bathroom this morning and it totally winded me! how sad is that? :) i scrubbed my entire bathroom this morning, too, except for the shower. I just can't bend over like that long enough to scrub the shower floor. I can do Hannah's bathtub because I can use the bathtub to brace myself and rest on. We just have a standing shower in our bathroom so my big ol' belly just hangs there and it HURTS! Plus, he is going to start working on organizing the garage. I need to clean out the deep freezer and just organize it so that I know what we have in there. When my parents moved to Chicago, they left us their deep freeze with TONS of food in there. We have been using a lot of it, but the freezer is so big, it is hard to see what is in the back. I do know that there is some homemade freezer jam in there that I am looking forward to finding! We are putting the baby's carseat in the car tomorrow, too. We are also going to pack our bag for the hospital. Yikes! I can't believe that we haven't done that yet.

So, this morning we got up and cleaned the house and then we went to the beach. By the time we got there, it was cloudy and windy. Hannah was so sad because she wanted to play, but it was seriously chilly. Most of the people there were wearing sweatshirts and/or had blankets. So, we didn't stay on the beach long. We walked on the boardwalk and let Hannah run on the grass at the pavilion. We had forgotten how scary the boardwalk area can be... lots of shady characters there. We had to run a couple of errands and by the time we got home, it started getting sunny! and now, it is completely sunny! How funny. Rita's Italian Ice is handing out free small ices today. So, we may head back down to the beach to get one in a bit. The lines are out the door, but Hannah would have fun.

AND, just for the record, I wasn't complaining yesterday about having lots of crocheting to do. I am excited to do it. I love crocheting and especially little baby blankets! And Chrissy, I already bought your yarn and started on your blanket. It is really cute! It looks more like a potholder right now, though! :) Afghans are perfect summery blankets because they have holes in them. But if you put a simple receiving blanket over an afghan, it makes it super warm because the air acts as an insulation.

Well, I am going to go do some more laundry and scrap a little. I still need to post a few layouts... I'll do that now!

2 comments:

Sislers said...

You put that husband of yours to work...you need to relax! Of course I'm like you, I can't just sit around when I know my house is a mess and needs cleaning, even ask Greg how nutty I am about cleaning.
With all the due dates, I can't keep them straight...when are you due? I wish I lived close, or that you were here, so I could see the new little "paprika".

chrissy said...

I want somebody to give us a deep freezer full of tons of food! We actually have a huge freezer out in our garage. The guy left it when he moved. It's still in all the packaging because he never used it (thank goodness! Could you imagine what it would smell like if he had?) The outlets outside and in the garage don't work so we've got to get someone out to fix them. Then we just need a few hundred bucks to fill it up with food!!!