Sunday, March 25, 2007

Baby Names

Okay, I have heard through the grapevine that more than a few people are concerned that we might actually be considering the name Paprika for our baby girl... that is a myth! :) We just call her Paprika because that is what Hannah calls her and we haven't come up with a name for her yet. Thomas and I just can't come up with a name. We are going to wait to make up our minds until we see her.

Hannah's new favorite name for the baby is Ella. She was watching Blues Room and saw Cinderella on the Love Day episode. Apparently, Cinderella (mary stuart masterson) and the prince, his name is Charlie, get married and they have a baby named Ella. So, Hannah wants to name her baby Ella, too. Elle was on our short list of names, primarily because you can spell it forwards and backwards, just like Hannah. But good luck coming up with a third name like that and we wouldn't want baby #3 to feel left out if there is a baby #3.

So, here is our "short" list of possible names... in no particular order. If anyone has any comments or strong opinions about any of the names or any suggestions at all, please feel free to share them! :)

Ella Cardall (i like the middle name Joy, because that is thomas' grandma's name and i don't think any of the other kids have that middle name. thomas does NOT like it...)
Avery Cardall (there is an adorable little Avery at church... cutest little girl!)
Madison Cardall (thomas' choice)
Emma Cardall (i like this one)
Hailey Cardall (but with Hannah it might get too confusing)
Isabelle Cardall (too many "l"s???)
Taylor Cardall (another thomas name... not too sure myself)
Rebekah Cardall (I do NOT like this one, but thomas does)
Megan Cardall
Alexis Cardall (we actually like Lexie)
Brooklyn Cardall (i think it's cute)
Kennedy Cardall (but my step-sister-in-law just named her daughter that... 3 months ago!)
Addison Cardall (my sister-in-law has a four month old with the same name! stinking name stealers!)
Sophie Cardall (thomas doesn't like it)
Julianne Cardall (thomas doesn't like it)
Baylor Cardall (thomas doesn't like that one either) i think i prefer it for a boy anyway...

and hannah, zoey, chloe, jordyn, ashlyn, makayla, gracie, addison, kennedy and madeline are all off limits... :) too confusing to name cousins the same thing in this family! :)

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

My best friend said a name the other day that I LOVE...Avney (av-knee) I love the avery and addison...there way cute!! =o) Ella is cute too. Its always cute to say that your daughter named your other daughter.

Sislers said...

I was so mad at Aimee for choosing Addison, I was dead-set on that name :( Oh well, she's a cute little girl, so she can keep it :D I've always liked "Lexie", "Avery", and "Isabelle" too. It's going to be hard for Greg and I to BOTH agree on names when it's our turn. At least we don't have to worry about that for awhile.

chrissy said...

No no. Jim and I agree that it needs to stay 'Paprika' :)

You're brave to list your names! I'd be afraid someone would steal them. Don't worry...I can't, of course, since you're going first. But I will say that a few of those names are on my list (assuming it's a girl!).