Tuesday, March 06, 2007

5 Songs that Sum up my Week

this is the blogging challenge for Sweet Shoppe Designs from last week... I'm probably too late to get any points, but I thought it would be fun anyway!

1. Baby Mine by Bette Midler - everything is about baby girls right now! either the baby in my belly or the one trying to hit the one in my belly. yeah, we have issues! But I am so excited about this new little baby girl.

2. I Hate Everything About You - I am going to blame this one on the pregnancy hormones, but I just get really cranky lately! I have to watch what I say now, though, because Hannah started yelling "I hate people!" at random cars as we were driving down the road. Too much road rage for me! :)

3. Love At Home - I am really really really trying to make our home a place where everyone feels loved and accepted. I want it to be a refuge from the storms and craziness of the world.

4. It's the End of the World As We Know It by REM - ummmm... have you watched the news lately? totally scary! a 40 year old man just disappeared last week during the middle of the day from our old neighborhood... a nice, gated community. He's just gone. No trace of him or his bike anywhere. kinda like the twilight zone.

5. I am a Child of God - I have been having such a hard time lately. I know I'm pregnant and that a lot of my issues will be resolved after I have this baby, but I am so tired of being tired and so tired of feeling heavy. My knees hurt, my ankles hurt, my hips hurt. I feel like my back is going to rip open and I constantly have to pee. Normal pregnancy stuff. And on top of all that, Thomas is working constantly at a job he doesn't love anymore. We have all these decisions to make and things to do to prepare for this baby and I am just so overwhelmed that I could sit down and cry. But what would that do? When I feel the most overwhelmed, I sing that song to myself and I remember that I am a child of God and as such He loves me and will help me get through these trials. He won't take them away from me, but He can help me get through them. I am so grateful to know that.

3 comments:

chrissy said...

aw. hang in there. things will work out. we're praying for you guys every day. give banana a kiss for me :)

Meredith said...

i know they will. and i am so grateful to know that! :) thanks for the prayers, chrissy!

Julz said...

lead me guide me walk beside me help me find the way..... {{Meredith}} :)