Friday, March 23, 2007

funny story

okay, hannah has struck again! she is such a funny little girl!

Last night, I was trying to get her ready for bed. I put her jammies on the couch and then sent her into the bathroom to get a diaper and a wipe. I finished putting the dishes in the dishwasher and walked into the family room to get her ready. She was laying on the couch, had taken off her diaper and was cleaning herself with the wipe. She also had her nightgown halfway on! Too cute!

Then this morning, we were getting ready to leave to go run errands. Hannah said that she needed to go potty. So she ran into the bathroom, took off her own diaper, threw it in the trash, and sat on the potty. After a couple of minutes of her playing with her bathroom toys, she said she was down. I told her to wait just a minute because I had to finish dishes (i think i do dishes too much!). When I went into the bathroom, she was laying on the floor on her changing pad, with the "seatbelt" part buckled around her, cleaning herself and trying to figure out how to get the diaper under herself while she was buckled down. It was sooooo funny! I tried to unbuckle her and show her how to do it, but she freaked out about not being buckled on the changing pad. I haven't used the buckle since she was tiny and kept trying to roll away while I was changing her.

anyway, I just thought you guys might get a kick out of this story! oh! and a couple more! she has been really funny the last couple of days!

she has a little bag of stuffed toys that is shaped like a circus tent. all the stuffed toys inside are pieces of the circus. she hasn't been interested in this toy EVER! suddenly last night she is in LOVE with it. so, this morning she was running around the house with the little stuffed lion roaring at the top of her lungs. "hannah, what are you doing?" "I'm pretending to be a lion in the circus. Mommy, when I get big like you can I be a lion in the circus?" Hmmm.... please no. And of course, thomas had to tell Hannah that Mommy doesn't like clowns. So, Hannah keeps running around with the clown and shoving it in my face every few minutes and saying "Clowns say hahaha. They make me laugh!"

And one more...
Last night, Hannah came running out of her room with a clean changing pad cover and a box of her stuffed animals. Then she ran back in her room and came out with a tiny basket filled with plastic dishes and food! She laid the changing pad cover on the floor, lined up her stuffed animals around the "blanket" and set up the dishes and food. Then she started jumping up and down saying "Look, Mom! It's a picnic! I made a picnic for my guys!" She was so incredibly excited. I don't even know where she has seen a picnic before! So, tomorrow, we are going to go up to the pool, grill some strip steaks (thanks, mom & dad!) and have a little picnic. It is supposed to rain tomorrow, so we aren't telling Hannah until it is time to go. I took pictures of her little picnic last night, so I'll have to get those on the computer and upload a couple.

Hannah amazes me lately. She has grown up so much in the last three weeks. She keeps telling us that she is a "big sister now" so she has to take care of herself. My baby is a big girl! But then this morning, she curled up next to me on the couch and needed a snuggle with her Mommy. That made me feel a little better!

2 comments:

Aleisha said...

It only gets better. Wait till they want to make there own breakfast, lunch and dinner and dont want your help. Its so cute, but so sad at the same time. They just grow up way to fast. Although, proud moment in my life, kyler now says Costco...lol Thats my boy!!!

chrissy said...

ha ha ha! LOVE all the stories! I went to a movie with jim the other day and he couldn't stop talking about her! how cute she is, how funny she is, how nice she is... what a cutie!