Monday, March 05, 2007

Life

isn't it funny how one little decision made 10 years ago can affect your life today? almost ten years ago i decided to go home with my college roommate one weekend. at the time, the decision was easy. go home with jen or sit at home with no tv and no friends? hmmmmm... let me think about that one! and yet, that was the weekend that i met my husband. had i stayed home, i am pretty sure that i would have eventually met him, but things would have been different than they are now. and if the little decisions can make that big of a difference in our lives, what about the big ones? where to live? where to work? whether to go back to school? how do you make those kinds of decisions? thankfully, i believe that we have a loving Heavenly Father who answers our prayers. but do you ever get the feeling that Heavenly Father is going to let us make some of the decisions ourselves? going to let us test the waters alone? that's how i feel right now. like the next step we take is up to us. like it doesn't really matter whether thomas gets his education in florida or in utah. he just needs to get his education. and if i could actually convince him of the importance of doing that, it would be a miracle. anyway... that's it! nothing too exciting going on right now!

3 comments:

chrissy said...

I'm glad you decided to go with Jen or I'd miss out on an awesome sister-in-law! And you're wrong about school. It DOES matter where he goes. He's suppose to attend school in Utah. How do I know this? I just do. I'm really smart.

:)

Meredith said...

unbiased opinion, chrissy? :) lol! you even started a blog to convince us, meaning thomas, to come back! i really do want to come back to utah!

chrissy said...

ha ha! I do what I have to do!