Tuesday, October 02, 2007

we're getting better...

Well, Thomas and I are sounding & feeling better, but the kids seem to be getting worse. Their noses aren't quite as runny, but Hannah is losing her voice and Ainsley's little cry is just pathetic. They both wake up coughing through the night. The word "coughing" does not do it justice. They both sound croupy. So, we've had the humidifier running all night long. We'd keep it on during the day, too, but the family room is so big that it doesn't seem to make a difference.

We are starting to look for a place to live. We're planning to be in our own place by Nov 1st. I just hope that we can find something decent and cheap! We found two really nice places, but I am not sure if either of them are going to work. One is really far south and one is really far north. So, the question is, do we live close to Thomas' family or do we live close to my family? The one that is up north is $200 chepaer and it includes all of our utilities. It's completely remodeled. But it is TINY! The second bedroom is less than 70 sq ft... It's 10ft x 6.5 ft... big enough for a twin bed and a small dresser. Well, that is fine for Hannah, but not for Ainsley, too. And I don't want her in my room for the next year. The apartment down south is HUGE, almost 2000 square feet, and it has three bedrooms. It is still a really good price. I am just hoping that one of these is still open when we are ready to move. We are going to try to look at a bunch of places this weekend, but it is the General Conference for our church, so most of the city will be closed down to watch conference. We'll see.

Well, I am off to finish dinner. Thomas requested chicken and rice casserole. For anyone who knows him, that is a HUGE shock! Thomas requested rice??? Are you sure you didn't misunderstand? Anyway... have a good day!

6 comments:

Robin said...

Hope you're all feeling better! :) Good luck with looking for a new home too!

T-Wan said...

I hope you all start feeling better soon.

chrissy said...

Ooh ooh ooh...Closer to Tom's family, closer to Tom's family!!!

Brown Family said...

Hope everyone gets over the creepy crud!! Good Luck apt. searching! I wish we were at the point. I am losing my flippin mind! Have fun!

Mary said...

I have to admit I'd go for the big one - even if its not the one next to me. :( And don't forget - if everything is closed, you can always come see me!!! I'll be there until at least Saturday night if not Sunday morning.

chrissy said...

ps-you've got tom to eat rice, now you need to work on lettuce. cuz that 'salad' mixture he eats is gross! lol