Monday, October 29, 2007

Pumpkin Carving

Tonight for Family Night, we carved our Halloween pumpkin and watched The Great Pumpkin. Thomas did a great job cleaning out the pumpkin guts, I sorted the seeds (so Greg could roast them!), and Hannah and Daddy did a good job carving the pumpkin. Ainsley was a great cheerleader and wanted to be a part of everything. She screamed when we ignored her!

Thomas and Hannah getting ready to carve. Hannah looks so excited!

Ainsley excitedly looking on!

Thomas taunting Hannah with the pumpkin guts! She didn't like the pumpkin much after she saw the messy goo inside the pumpkin.

Hannah not too excited about having to get in another picture. Ainsley excited because she is out of her saucer and in closer to the action!

"CHEESE, Mom! Do you like my new mouth?"

Hannah carving the nose.

My amazing photography skills caught the pumpkin all lit up... Okay, so my camera has a night time still-life setting. And I rigged a "tripod" out of a set of storage drawers. That's why it's a bit crooked.

Hannah & Ainsley sitting with the finished pumpkin.

All done! We had a lot of fun and made a big old mess! I love Halloween!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Hah... Hannah makes me laugh! You have two of the cutest little girls in the entire world!

Brown Family said...

Happy Halloweeny! Great job on the Pumpkin. So cute, Ainsley is ALWAYS smiling. Love it!

chrissy said...

"What a fool I was! I could've had candy apples and gum! And cookies and money and all sorts of things! But, NO!!! I had to listen to you, you blockhead!...You owe me restitution!!!"

Ha ha ha ha ha, Oh man! I love that movie!

We did the same thing for FHE, too. But I was up to my elbows in pumpkin guts, so I didn't get any pictures :(

And Ryan decided that while I was putting Liv to bed, he'd let the kids draw their own faces on their pumpkins. Great idea, except he gave them PERMANANT MARKERS to do it with! So our pumpkins are sooo hideous, all black and scribbled on. But they had fun doing it, and that's all that matters ;)