Friday, October 26, 2007

sweet tooth...

I have a major sweet tooth today. Perhaps I will bake some cookies or something. But for the moment I am eating some caramel corn that my mom sent me from Pumpkin Show. It's so good! I love caramel corn!

In our church, the women are assigned to go out in pairs and visit with the other women in the church. They are supposed to visit or check in with their assigned ladies each month. Well, my Visiting Teachers called me last night to see if they could come by this morning. So, we got up early and got dressed and ready and cleaned up a bit. A few minutes before they were supposed to come, Hannah looked at me and said, "Mom, I don't want your big mean teachers to come over." I just looked at her a little bit puzzled and started to laugh. I guess to a 3 year old "Big Mean Teachers" sounds a lot like "Visiting Teachers". I explained what they were actually called to her. Anyway, the visit was fine. One of the ladies brought her two little girls and they played in Hannah's room for a bit. A few minutes ago Hannah looked at me and asked if her little visiting teachers could come back and play, and I could talk to the big visiting teacher. :) What a funny little kid! We're off to a rough start this morning, but hopefully things will get better. Ainsley is teething and is just generally cranky. You can actually see the tiny little tooth cutting through her poor little gums. Hannah has had a few pretty major tantrums already, but I am just not putting up with them. When she starts to throw a tantrum, I give her two choices, either stop immediately or go to her room to finish. She usually stops. I have had to carry her to room a couple of times, though. She HATES being banished to her room because she is such a social child. She has learned how to dress herself now. She even gets her pants and shirt on right! My little baby is growing up way too quickly! I adore that kid! Ainsley is wearing a Halloween outfit today, so I need to get some pictures of the two girls today. It's COLD, though! We are going to a Halloween party tomorrow night at my aunt's house so we'll definitely get pictures of that.

2 comments:

Mandy said...

You have a sweet tooth today?? I have one everyday, that is why I LOVE halloween and all the candy :)

Jill said...

I love the VST story. That is hilarious. TOO CUTE. That goes in the journal for sure! I love your new layout!!! So festive :) I have got to learn how to change mine!