Saturday, October 13, 2007

our big night out...

WooHoo! Okay, so for our anniversary dinner, we took our kids with us! Pretty pathetic, but hey! We had a good time! :) We had a gift certificate for Outback Steakhouse, so we found one that is about 15 miles from here, it's actually in the same town that my aunt and uncle live in. We drove all the way out there, unloaded the kids from the car and went inside. The wait was an hour to be seated and about an hour and a half to get your meal. WHAT? Okay, by that time it was 7pm and I was STARVING! So, we loaded the kids back in the car and went a little local restaurant, The Training Table. Nothing fancy. There aren't even waiters or anything, but the food is really good typical all-American type food. We sat down, placed our order and started talking. I looked up about ten minutes into our wait and there are my GRANDPARENTS! :) They were visiting from out of town and came up to the little town my aunt and uncle live in to have dinner with my uncle and cousin. And we ended up in the same restaurant! How funny! They ate at a table close to us, but not with us. It was their last night out here, so it was really good to see them again. Then, we came home and watched a couple of episodes of the first season of Lost. I have to admit, I have been totally against watching that series from the very beginning. Thomas convinced me to watch the first episode of the first season the other night and I am HOOKED! I have to know WHAT is on that island! But don't tell me! I'm going to figure it out and watch all the old seasons and then catch up on the new ones. So, that was it! Happy 6th Anniversary to us! :) To me, it was perfect for us. Would we like to get away and have a romantic weekend with candlelight dinners? Of course. Is that practical for us? No. Not right now. Ainsley still doesn't take a bottle and we don't like leaving our babies. So, our plan for next year is a romantic weekend away from the kids... we'll see what happens! :)

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Wow, what a small world! Seriously, though, if we would've been in town I would have loved to watch the kiddos for you. So call us one of these days if you're down here and need a break! ;)

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!