Wednesday, October 24, 2007

childhood memories

Isn't it interesting how a sound or a sight or a smell can take you back to your childhood? I was mixing Beechnut Chiquita Bananas with rice cereal and was taken back to my early childhood. I remember my mom mixing that exact combination for my little sister Angie to eat, and later Ashley. I LOVE that smell. It is one of my favorite childhood smells!

And on to other topics...
I LOVE that my girls are already friends! They are so cute together. Hannah is the best big sister. She has been enjoying playing with Ainsley so much lately. This morning, Hannah was playing with her stuffed ballerina doll. Ainsley kept reaching out to it. So, Hannah gave it to her to play with. I told Hannah to be careful because Ainsley would chew on it and get it all slobbery. She said, "It's okay, Mom. It's only a little bit of baby slobber." What a great big sister! I love my little Hannah so much!

We went to Wal-Mart this afternoon to get baby food and Zantac. Now, if you have ever read about one of my trips to Wal-Mart, you will know that this is normally torture beyond anything anyone should ever have to endure! After the last trip, I had to come home and take medicine because my back hurt so badly from trying to control Hannah in the store. She was all over the place. But not today! She was a perfect angel today! We had such a good day! We went to the store, came home and had a picnic outside and then we painted Hannah's toes a glittery pink color. It was definitely a good day!

2 comments:

Melinda said...

Isn't it amazing how good the little terrors on my most days can be?? Brenna has totally surprised me a few times like that- they help keep you sane on the bad days! I'm glad you had a good shopping trip today, and wow those are some bumpy pumpkins up there in your header! LOL

chrissy said...

Yay for Banana! I'm glad she was good for you. You DESERVE a good day! (It was a long time comin'!) lol