Wednesday, October 17, 2007

there is snow on the ground!

okay, just a tiny little bit, but STILL! Oh! and it is so cold! It's 43 degrees right now but feels like 36!!!!! What the heck?! And this is the warmest it is going to be for a couple of days! What did I get myself into moving out here? I hate being cold!

Okay, I'm done complaining! It's Wednesday! Yea! That means only 72 hours until we can leave for the cabin! Woohoo! My father-in-law is having friends come up on Friday, so we can't go until Saturday afternoon. But that's okay! We are really looking forward to going. Chrissy and I have been planning meals so that we can eat together. I think it makes it easier with the kids to coordinate meals. That way all the kids are eating the same things. They fight over who gets what color plate, I can't imagine what they would do if they had different food, too. So, if anyone else is going up, let Chrissy or I know if you want in on dinners or breakfast Sunday morning. I can't wait to get up there and COOK! There is a kitchen here and I can definitely use it to cook. But there is something about cooking good hot food at the cabin that just makes me content. Maybe I'll bring stuff to make some cookies or muffins or pumpkin bread! Now, that sounds good!

5 comments:

chrissy said...

I hate cooking at the cabin! I cook every day, and I get so tired of it! So, by all means, COOK your little heart out! Don't let me get in your way!

Now, I don't suppose you LOVE doing the dishes, too??? Heh heh...

Meredith said...

Well, I don't LOVE it, but it could be worse! Now that there is a dishwasher, it isn't so bad.

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! That is our dream, to live out west and have a cabin! Where exactly is the cabin?

As for the weather, well, it doesn't feel like fall here...75 and sunny. Strange for NW Ohio. I'd actually prefer what you are having! LOL

Brown Family said...

Ooh going to a cabin so nice, cozy, and wintery (don't know about that word.) Have fun at the cabin and cooking. Mmmm...pumpkin bread.

Jill said...

Ha ha, it's funny I'm reading this post because I just posted about cooking and I HATE it. It's not fun when you are no good. I need to take cooking classes or something. You are soooooooo good. I wish I had your talent :)