Tuesday, November 27, 2007

way too much scrap crap!

I just realized that my 100 GB hard drive is completely full. So I started backing up and burning digital kits to DVDs. I have a program that lets you organize digital scrapbooking supplies. So, when I download a kit, I open it and tag (or organize) each piece of the kit. This is similar to putting all your buttons together or all your papers together if you are a paper scrapper. Anyway, to keep myself organized and to know what I have tagged and what isn't, I have separate folders for tagged and untagged supplies. So, I am burning kits from my tagged folder onto DVDs. I burned 3 DVDs tonight and am currently burning #4... and I still have 17 GB of tagged supplies... and another 17 GB that I haven't even tagged. That doesn't include my current CT assignments. If I were a paper scrapper and had accumulated all this stuff, my husband would KILL me! To put this in perspective, I have 461 folders to tag...each folder has from 10 to 50 pieces. Too much stuff! Time to purge. Oh! And did I mention that this is all in addition to the 35 other CDs and DVDs I burned before. Too bad it's illegal to share! :) I have some amazing stuff!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

good heavens Meredith! Sounds like a good system but a LOT OF WORK! I went through and got rid of all my scrap crap except for the best of the best... but maybe i should have done this huh? Have fun :)

chrissy said...

hmm. it's too bad you don't share! you always have to be LEGAL and GOOD and everything, what's that about!? sheesh! ;)