Monday, November 19, 2007

i am a MORON

and I stand corrected. I humbly apologize for my poor punctuation skills. I have been typing the possessive form of my husband's name as thomas' when it should have been thomas's. I have been out of school way too long and it has been even longer since I have taken an English course that actually included grammar and punctuation. If you see me do it again, please feel free to send me a digital smack on the hand! :)

Well, today has been pretty uneventful. Thomas slept funny last night and messed up his neck. So, I spent a lot of time massaging his neck and shoulders today. You know, I have a horrendous headache (going on 2 days now!) and my back and shoulders are killing me! Do I get a backrub? Nope. Well, to be fair, I did get a really amazing one yesterday, but I still hurt today! My dear sweet husband is worse than one of the kids when he doesn't feel well. Speaking of cranky kids... Ainsley has been crying non-stop for the last three days. If she isn't being held by me, she is crying! So, today I haven't done much. We cleaned and organized Hannah's room. Then, my visiting teachers came over. Between them there are three kids that came. So, the four kids trashed Hannah's room. They offered to clean it up, but I didn't want to make them wait. I think they had other appointments today. So, Hannah and I are going to clean it again. It's actually good for her. She really needs to learn to keep her toys organized. Then, I baked chocolate chip cookies. They were delicious!!! Then, my sister and her husband and daughter stopped by on their way out of town. My brother-in-law is Canadian, so they are headed up to Canada for Thanksgiving since he has a break from school. So, we gave them some cookies for their drive. We ran to the grocery store tonight to get our stuff for the big family Thanksgiving dinner. We are in charge of Sweet Potato Casserole and Mashed Potatoes. Since we don't have a kitchen we are going down to my sister-in-law's house a few hours early and are going to make them there. Thomas also decided that he wants a pecan pie. He's never had one, but he wants one. I happen to have an a-mazing recipe, so I am going to make that for him. It's almost like a cheesecake mixed with a pecan pie. Oh wow! Anyway... that's about it for today! I have started working on my Christmas projects and have collected some really cool Christmas ornament ideas. I'll share them as I test them and make sure that they work right!

7 comments:

RLH said...

Feel free to cook to your heart's content- the pecan pie sounds delish. I know the some of the Cardall side may be picky but a lot of us love some new recipies to add some variety -so your cooking skills will be a nice addition.

Aleisha said...

Wish I had some Thanksgiving plans. Its hard being away from the family. Its just not the same without a big family around you. Dont get me wrong, I enjoy my own little family, but as the parents get older, its nice to spend time with them. I love the new banner too, way to cute!!

chrissy said...

mmm, pecan pie! that sounds yummy. you wanna make all the other pies, too? ;)

Melinda said...

yummm! love pecan pie. My grandma's traditional pecan pie recipe that was my Dad's favorite is up on my blog- you can grab the recipe card there if you want ;)
http://myscrapcorner.blogspot.com/2007/06/happy-birthday-daddy.html

I've got a sick kiddo home from school today so I get to cook for DH's office party I was supposed to go to, but don't actually get to go enjoy all of the food now :( Oh well, suck is the life of a mom. Guess I had better go get busy in the kitchen.

Meredith said...

chrissy, I would LOVE to do the other pies... and everything else! But nowhere to cook that many pies! Do you want to get together on Wednesday and bake pies together? We could do that. You have enough counter space in your kitchen. I just don't know if you want to do that or if you have too much else going on.

chrissy said...

Aw, look how sweet you are!!! No, really, I'm happy to do them. They're not that hard to do, I'm just worried about time. I can't do them during the day with all the kids running around, so I'll probably be up pretty late tomorrow night! ;) But you can come help, if you want to!!!

Mary said...

probably should have made that pecan pie for Chris' birthday today. Nope. Just bought a cheesecake. Granted its Cheesecake Factory cheesecake, but still.
And it depends on how you use the punctuation isn't it? You would use Thomas's if you want to say *Thomas is*... and Thomas' if you say something like *Thomas' computer* If not, then I've always done it wrong too