Saturday, November 17, 2007

in the mood...

to decorate for Christmas and I can't do it quite yet! So, I decided to go ahead and decorate my blog! How do you like it? Two more weeks and I can start decorating my house!!!!! YEA! I think I may even make Thomas hang lights outside. But it may look funny only on half the house since it is a duplex! :)

We were going to go to the cabin this weekend, but Thomas wasn't feeling well so we didn't go. I got really tired of sitting in the house last night and tried and tried and tried to get Thomas to go out somewhere, ANYWHERE! Nope. So, this morning I guess he got a burst of energy or something because he actually suggested that we go to IKEA! If you have never been to IKEA before, it is something of an experience! It is massive! We took both of our girls with us. And we actually had a good time. Thomas and I decided that if we ever win the lottery or get a huge bonus we are going to buy ourselves some furniture from IKEA... yes, we know that we're pathetic. What most people think of as "beginner" furniture is our dream! :) the furniture looks black in the pictures, but it is dark brownish-black. They also have the furniture in white and it's actually a bit cheaper, but they don't make one of the additional pieces that we LOVE in the white finish. It is a low chest with a beautiful mirror on top. It looks kind of like an antique piece that my mom has in her house. They don't have it at the online store, but we saw it today and even Thomas loves it! :) After we were done at IKEA, Thomas walked out of there saying how much he enjoyed it. We got a lot of ideas for storage for our new place. Hopefully we'll be able to incorporate a lot of what we saw, using things we already have.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

and these are the barstools that we want to get for our new kitchen...
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
so, if any of you are looking for any last minute gift ideas... :) Ainsley just woke up AGAIN and is crying, so I better get the little monkey before she wakes anyone up!

4 comments:

chrissy said...

cute furniture, cuter blog! i love it! you're so talented with the whole digital thing, i'll admit i'm a bit jealous ;)

Jill said...

Oh, so festive! Fun music and CUTE new layout :)
I want an IKEA. No fair. I am missing Tai Pan and IKEA like crazy!!! I can't wait to come to Utah and shop!!!!!!

Angie said...

ohh i like that furniture!! and i love your blog header... SO cute!

Aleisha said...

HA, thats funny, you want the same dressers we just got here at the Ikea here. Good taste. ;)