Friday, November 09, 2007

I am officially CRAZY!

I just a contest that my friend, Jill, posted on her blog about all of her quirky friends. I didn't find out about the contest until earlier today, so I didn't win, but I think I could have had I known about it sooner! Here is a small sampling of my quirks.... and ever since I started this list, I keep thinking of more and more things to add! :)

1. Ainsley has the raunchiest smelling feet in the world. She's six months old and i have no idea why they smell so bad. but i still love to kiss them!

2. I hate showers. They hurt. Everytime I get out of the shower, I itch for at least half an hour. I think I am actually allergic to the minerals in the water. And soft water doesn't help because salty water makes me itch, too.

3. I don't like swimming or wading or really anything to do with water. Not only do I itch, but I get seasick.

4. I am allergic to everything. Animals, food, plants....everything!

5. I hate dirty people. One time a church, a less active lady came in with her dirty little 2 year old. She kept looking at Ainsley and trying to touch her. I got up and walked out of Relief Society.

6. Little people TERRIFY me. I seriously get scared and my heart gets jumpy if I even see one... even on tv. terrible of me, i know.

7. i HATE clowns and everything to do with them. My mom buys clown stuff and puts it in packages that she sends me just to scare me. See the reaction to midgets above.

8. I hate cartoon clothes, too. The only reason Hannah has Dora clothes is because my mom bought her some Dora pajamas. I hate them. She loves them.

9. I love carbs! potatoes, cookies, pastas, breads, etc! LOVE them! I will eat an entire cake if someone will let me. But I don't really care for the frosting. Don't get in the way of my cake!

10. I check my email and my blog CONSTANTLY! And even worse, I now check my site stats 10 times a day to see who is checking my blog.

11. I hate being touched by people I don't know. Don't touch me when you hand me my change at the grocery store or gas station. Don't try to shake my hand. I hate being tapped or poked, too. I absolutely hate it when my husband or daughter tries to sit on the couch next to me and they bump my elbow or something.

12. I hate using pencils. Period. I hate that they smear and get on my hand. Likewise, I hate pens that smear on my hand, too. If I could, I would only use sharpies forever! the fine point ones that never dull down.

13. I like the smell of sharpies.

14. I hate fly-away hairs. They make me CRAZY. I can't stand watching Friends and when they show close-ups of Jennifer Anniston's hair, you can see her fly-aways. I have tons of them myself, but I have to ignore them when I do my own hair.

15. i hate personification of animals, too. i hate those stupid movies about animals that talk. even charlotte's web, the animated version, about crosses the line.

16. I hate hair in my face. You will always see me with a clip in my hair, or a bobby pin, or a ponytail. If I have all of my hair down, it is a rare day and you can bet I will be in a bad mood.

17. I am a pimple popper and proud of it!

18. I am a CLEAN freak, but I am also a packrat. I can't stand dirty bathrooms or kitchens. I can't go to sleep with dirty dishes in my sink. But i can't seem to throw anything away at all. I'm trying to do better, though.

19. I hate animals of all kinds, but I really want an Old English Sheepdog.

20. I hate being outside, but I love to garden.

21. I hate earwax and boogers. i will do ANYTHING to get rid of them. Both in me and my kids! But I don't actually enjoy the process of getting rid of them like some of you sick-o people! :) just kidding!

22. I am obsessed with shoes. I could sit for hours in a shoe store and just try on shoes. I don't even have to buy any. I just like trying them on. AND I like to look at my feet and legs in the shoes. A cute little skirt is the best thing to wear when trying on shoes! High heels are my favorites!

23. I can't stand for Hannah's hair not to be done. It drives me crazy when she takes her hair down for her nap.

24. I match all my kids clothes. I didn't realize I did this until recently. Even if the clothes aren't the same, they usually end up either being similar in style or color or theme. And if I pick out Thomas' shirt in the morning, we're all the same.

25. I absolutely DETEST reality tv, but I cannot wait for American Idol to start! Two more months! :)

26. I hate pennies. They make my palms itch.

27. I can't stand things that are misspelled. It absolutely drives me crazy.

28. And I got this one from my dad... I can't stand for light switches to be in the wrong position. If the light is on, the switch has to be up. If the light is off, the switch has to be down. If there is more than one switch for a light, the one closest to the main door has to have the right positioning. If the wiring is done "wrong" heaven help me! It's going to drive me crazy!

29. Another Doug quirk... I can't stand for screws in lightswitch covers and plug covers not to be the same in all plugs. If one is horizontal, they better all be.

30. Bleach and PineSol are my two favorite smells.

31. My closet is color coordinated and organized by type of clothing. Short sleeve white shirts together, short sleeve blue shirts together, then long sleeves (sorted by color), then short skirts (sorted by color), then long skirts (sorted by color), pants and finally dresses. You get the picture.

32. I'm really weird about textures.

33. I hate the taste of bananas, but I love the smell, but only the green ones.

I'm sure I'll think of more... Now you all know me way too well!

And I think that makes me the winner! But don't send me ding dongs, I don't eat pre-packaged desserts... :)

11 comments:

Jenna said...

Meredith- you crack me up! I'm glad to hear that someone else is afraid of little people :)

Mary said...

you're right - you're a nut. :) I agree with #29. Its from Chris... he is a perfectionist when it comes to electrical stuff. You can tell which switches he has redone in our house - they're all vertical.

chrissy said...

HA HA HA! And the list goes on and on! I couldn't come up with ONE thing for Jill's post! Well, I guess I did, I had a few, but other people had the same quirks, so I figured if other people did it, it wasn't really a quirk ;)

Lindsay said...

Wow Meredith! I never know you were so crazy! ha-ha! J/k. I actually thought of a few more quirks that I have that I forgot to mention on Jill's blog. Actually, I was told by Emily who used to live with me in college that I forgot a ton. She was like "Linds, you have the most quirks of anyone I know!" I might have to do a post about it myself but I think I've embarrassed myself enough for this week with my journal entries! Ha-ha! I have no shame!

Angie said...

freak....
but i guess i still love you. ;)

Kathryn said...

I could use some of your neat-freak quirks. If we did the dishes before sleeping, it would save a lot of headaches around here! So be proud of that one!

Jill said...

FUNNY! I just got around to catching up on all my blogs since being in Memphis. You are too funny! I wish you would have entered the contest, but it is still good to read your quirks, and you definitely have quite a few! I totally do the light switch thing too...up and down positioning!! Aren't we all just crazy people!!

Robin said...

Heehee! I can see why we are friends because I am pretty quirky too. And that is just MEAN of your mom to send you clown pictures. Clowns are horrible! LOL!

Unknown said...

Holy cow Meredith! You ARE a little strange. LOL Isn't it funny to think about all the quirky things about yourself? I may have to make a list too. :-)

I'll second Robin's comment...I don't like clowns either!

chrissy said...

K I just read this again, and I'm still laughing! How about number 25? How are we still friends after that!? You hate reality TV, and I can't wait for Mondays and Thursdays for the bachelor and survivor!

And number 30...Today I cleaned my kitchen top to bottom with PinSol. Just when I finished, Ash and her friends came in the house and held their noses. Her one little friend said "EW, Chrissy! You're house smells gross!"

*GASP*!!! I LOVE the smell of PinSol! I sometimes spray it in the air just to smell that smell!!! So I'm with you on that one, no matter what that little seven year old punk says! heh heh

chrissy said...

Oops, "pin" sol? That's not right. PINESOL. ha ha