Tuesday, November 13, 2007

It's Official!

Ainsley is a Porter! Earlier today I was biting the soft parts off pieces of popcorn to feed her so she'd stay quiet while I was on the phone. She was loving it! Then tonight, she saw Hannah's popcorn bowl from this afternoon and went after it! So I picked her up and started feeding her little soft pieces (minus the hulls). She started crying when I took too long to get a piece in her mouth. I told Thomas that we are going to have to get her some veggie puffs to snack on. But the kid loves popcorn! She is such a foodie! It's true, Tom, there is another generation of foodies in the family! Earlier today, we were talking to my mom on the phone and Hannah asked Grandma what we were going to eat for Christmas if we go to Chicago. lol! That's my girl! Okay, she may have had a bit of prompting from me, but she got really excited when Grandma told her that she could have pizza and cookies and fudge without ANY nuts! lol! love my kiddos!

Hannah is doing much better at poo training! We haven't had any poopy diapers from Hannah in the last four days! yea!!! BUT we are still having lots of wet diapers. She isn't the least bit interested in peeing on the potty. We've tried princess p*anti*es (sorry. don't want THAT word searchable on my blog!), flower pa*nt*ies, treasure boxes, stickers, money and Halloween candy treats. Any other inexpensive ideas? I've got six weeks to get this kid potty trained. She cannot go to Sunbeams in January if she is still wearing a diaper. Okay, that is my rule, not the church's.

Hannah is so excited that we are going to see Ashley on Wednesday. We are meeting her at IKEA. I am looking for a few things for the new house and pricing bar stools. We don't have room in the house for a kitchen table. But Hannah wants to see HER Ashley! She is so cute about seeing family members. She gets so excited! I love that.

So, for those of my blog readers who are aware of the near disaster hair crisis I had earlier this afternoon, just to let you know, crisis averted! L'Oreal Natural Match to the rescue! And for those of you who color your hair, don't use L'Oreal Feria OVER another kind of hair color, especially if you are mostly gray, like I guess I am. My roots were badly in need of a color. I color my hair the same as my natural color, dark brown. And it usually looks pretty good. Well, Feria was on sale last week so I bought one of those this time, trying to save a couple bucks. BACKFIRED! So, I spent a while doing my hair this morning so that it could be done when Thomas got home and he wouldn't have to deal with the kids on his own. I got out of the shower, looked in the mirror and was HORRIFIED when I noticed that my hair looked like a tiger! Not kidding! My roots were a lovely shade of pumpkin! And the rest of my hair was its nice shade of dark brown. So, after talking to my mom, my aunt and my sister, and doing some research, I finally decided to go get another kind of haircolor (thank you Natural Match) and see what happened. I went a shade lighter than I normally do and just colored the roots for most of the time and then the ends for about 10 minutes. It is a bit more red than I would like, but I'm not a tiger anymore! I felt like that guy in the Comcast commercials who has the tiger tattoo all over his body and the tattoo artist says, "Sorry, Roger. You a tiger now." So, next time I color my hair, I'll go back to my natural shade. And I will never use another hair color again! L'Oreal Natural Match 3W forever!

4 comments:

chrissy said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!! Are you kidding!!!??? Why on earth would it turn it orange? I could understand it might backfire on the part of your hair that's already colored, but why on the natural color of your roots???

And where are the pictures, hmm? A TRUE blogger would have pictures of the horrible ordeal! LOL

Brown Family said...

Glad to hear you fixed the hair ordeal!
Great job Hannah on potty training! Good Luck finishing Meredith! Isabelle has no desire to potty train, well maybe a little. Today she came up and told me she was a baby so she peed in her pants. Lovely!

Mary said...

glad that you are not a tiger anymore... thank goodness!! And the popcorn makes me laugh. How many bowls did we eat in Tennessee?? LOL!
Good luck with potty training. Sounds like you have all of the rewards covered. One thing that we did is that after he had an exceptionally good day, we took him for ice cream that night.

Aleisha said...

My sister talked my into letting her do mine. BIG MISTAKE!! It was suppose to be a nutmeg brown, and it went BLACK STRIPES. It was so horrible, they had to strip the color out of my hair and dye it again. It took three years to get it to grown back natural, my hair is now thinner and it doesnt grow as fast as it use to. I will never color my hair again. It was awful!!