Wednesday, November 21, 2007

75 lbs of sweet potatoes!

I just bought 75 lbs of sweet potatoes at Super Wal-Mart. And guess how much it cost me??? $3.76!!!! Yes, you read that correctly! Three dollars and seventy-six cents. I am guessing that most of you are wondering why the heck I would buy 75 lbs of sweet potatoes. Let me tell you, I LOVE sweet potatoes! And so does Ainsley. In fact, it is the only baby type food that she will eat. So far in my food storage research I have found that you can bake sweet potatoes and either peel them & freeze them for baby food and casseroles OR you can freeze them still in the skins. You can mix and freeze the actual casseroles, too. If you have a good sweet potato recipe, feel free to share it here! In the spirit of the season, I am going to share my favorite!


Baked Yams Recipe

Download the full-size printable card. Available for seven days.

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

Man, what a great deal! I got 6 pouds for that much today at Fred Meyer. And by the way, I ate about 75 pouds of sweet potatoes when I was pregnant with Riley!

Jill said...

Were they on a huge sale!!?? That is crazy. I LOOOOOVE sweet potatoes. That was my favorite part of today!!