Monday, November 05, 2007

patience...

I think this whole searching for a place to live adventure is a lesson in patience for us. We have never had such a hard time finding a place to live. I am on the phone every day calling all the new listings that come up. We have gone to see every place that returns our calls. We've driven by others. We have driven up and down the streets around this area and other parts of the valley that we want to live in. And even some areas that we really don't want to live in. I mean, really, who WANTS to live in West Valley? It would be good for gas mileage since that is where Thomas works, but come on!

Thomas called the landlord at the house that we really want earlier today. She said that she was getting ready to start calling on references. She has three or four people that she is seriously considering but we are at the top of her list. I really hope that she means it! They are a mid-20s LDS couple with a 3 year old little boy. PERFECT! In Salt Lake, there are churches every couple of blocks. The church we would go to is like pretty far away. It's definitely NOT quick walking distance. It's interesting, until we decided that we WANT to live IN Salt Lake, I wasn't really all that concerned about the mayoral election tomorrow. Now I am. It will be interesting to see who wins. Anyway, back to the topic... we should know by Thursday or Friday whether we get the house or not. In the meantime, we are still looking around.

We went and saw a triplex today. It was really big and the outside of the house had character. It's up here in this area. But we walked in and I started having an allergy attack. My throat is still a bit itchy. The people who lived there before had CATS and from the smell of the place, they had more than one! Besides the cats, we kind of question the structural integrity of the house. The ceilings and walls have a lot of cracks. It looks like there is water damage to one of the bedroom ceilings, too. But there is a ton of storage inside the house.

We have another appointment tomorrow to look at a little 4-plex. It is kind of small, but the entire thing has been remodeled complete with granite countertops and maple cabinets. It's a basement apartment, so hopefully it won't be too dark.

On a different note, Thomas & Hannah are playing Simon Says right now and it is so cute! Hannah just does NOT get the concept. Okay, I'm off to scrapbook and play with my family a little bit!

1 comment:

chrissy said...

Oh man, I feel so terrible for you guys! Every time I drive anywhere I'm always looking for "For Rent" signs, but I'm not having any luck either. Stay positive, you're doing everything you can, something will come up soon ;)