Thursday, August 02, 2007

some yummy dinners... go me!

I have cooked for the last two nights in a row. Tuesday night was pasta night! For my parents I made whole-wheat cheese tortellini with a light marinara sauce with fresh garlic, onions, artichoke hearts, bacon and olives with fire-roasted pepper flavoring. I can't eat the bacon or olives or cheese, so I had spaghetti with artichokes in fire roasted pepper marinara sauce! Delicious! I love artichoke hearts! Last night was mexican night. So, I made what basically ended up as chicken soft tacos with black beans and fruit. They were pretty good. Tonight is leftover night! So, I made myself some chicken and black bean nachos with soy cheese from Trader Joe's. WOW! Love them! It has been nice cooking real food again, rather than just what Thomas and I usually eat. I have so many food allergies and Thomas is a picky eater. We just end up eating the same foods over and over again. I am cooking all weekend, but I have no idea what I am going to end up making. It's just for me and Shelby and the kids this weekend as everyone else has plans! Tom & Ang may come over on Saturday, unless she has the baby before then. I've been craving some hamburgers on the grill, so maybe I'll make Tom use the grill. Those things scare me. And I think we are going to have chicken pita sandwiches on Monday night. So now I just have to come up with something for Friday and Sunday. Shouldn't be too difficult. anyway... enough from me for one day! no one reads this stuff anyway, y'all just want to see pictures of my kids. well, i am too lazy to go all the way to the third floor to get my camera, so you'll just have to wait! maybe i'll post them tonight after the kids go to sleep.

5 comments:

chrissy said...

WHATEVER!!! I love reading your posts! Keep them coming!

Your dinners sound so yummy! we always eat the same things over and over again too. i need some good ideas for variety! keep them coming!

Brown Family said...

That tortellini sounds soo delish! Do you have a recipe I can have or did you throw a little of this and a little of that in it? Man you sound like a great cook. Bummer that you are allergic to a lot of foods. I love reading your blog so keep writing, but I do love looking at the pictures too!

Angie said...

You nerd... your posts make me laugh. Especially the part where you said TOM could use the grill! I think youre more likely to figure it out. ;) I'm sure he'd love to try, though I'd keep the kiddies at a safe distance. Love you!!!

Sislers said...

LOL...You're right about Thomas being a picky eater, he doesn't eat anything!
We never cook at our house, it's always take-out because we don't get home till late, then I work-out and by then we're too tired to make anything. Or we eat cereal, which I could always eat, thanks to yummy silk vanilla soy milk :)

Mary said...

Well, obviously thats a lie. Everyone reads your ramblings!! Especially me :)
I was really looking forward to my papa johns when I read about the tortellini you made. Man that sounds good!!! I just refuse to cook today. I've cooked every night since we got back from vacation. ugh. I'm sick of it.