Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Cabin Pictures

We had such a good time at the cabin! We didn't want to leave. We went up on Friday afternoon and were planning to come home on Saturday night. We ended up staying and talked Chrissy & Ryan into staying, too! It really wasn't that difficult. Then we were sitting around on Sunday talking and realized that Thomas didn't have to be at work until Tuesday. So, we stayed Sunday night, too! It was so nice to be in the mountains and away from everything! Just our family! We can't wait to go again next month!

Ainsley & my niece, Liv. Ainsley is about 6 weeks older than Liv.

The kids with one of the horses on the ranch.

We were trying to get over to the mattress swing area and Thomas stopped and said, "Uh. There's a moose." So, we stopped and watched it. Apparently there was a mother and its calf. We very quickly and quietly left the area. We were charged by a moose about 6 years ago when we were up there. Thankfully we were in the back of a truck then...BAILEY!

This is one of my favorite views at the cabin. It rained Sunday night so I didn't get to go back out and take anymore pictures on Monday morning. I still don't have a picture of the river in front of the cabin. There is always next month!

I'm hot and tired, Mom! Hannah was ready to head back to the cabin! Daddy let her wear his hat to help keep her cool! What a good daddy!
Hannah took a piece of gum out of my purse and started chewing it. "It's spicy, Mom!" Well, Orbit typically is pretty "spicy". Little stinker!
Hannah & Carter dancing while Thomas played his guitar and he & Aunt Chrissy sang!

Hannah & Ainsley


Mommy & Ainsley

8 comments:

Aleisha said...

Cute picts mere. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun.

chrissy said...

K can I tell you how WEIRD it is to look at your blog and see pictures of your kids with my kids in them too?!?! LOL I'm glad you're finally out here and I'm happy that we (and the kids!) can hang out now!!!

chrissy said...

(and i don't remember the story about the moose six years ago!...)

Lindsay said...

Cute pictures Meredith! Looked like lots of fun!

Jill Petersen said...

I was just thinking the same thing as Chrissy. Its weird but cool to see the cousins finally together. I know how that is! My family is so spread out and on my side we only have my brother and his wife and kids here. I am sure everyone is just thrilled to have you here finally! I hope I get to meet you one of these days.!

Brown Family said...

Love the pictures. Man, the mountains from the cabin pictures really have me jealous of you. ;) Glad you all had a great time! Happy Belated b-day Hannah! The BIG 3!!

Meredith said...

the moose story... i was in the back of your white truck with aimee and pay and a & kayla. we were just riding around the ranch and we saw a moose. your HUSBAND decided to chase the moose! i have pictures somewhere... it was when thomas and i were first dating.

RLH said...

Ok- that is a hilarious pair of expressions on Ains & Liv's faces. It would be a perfect picture to use for a funny captions contest- Ains-"food make baby happy" Liv-"mom she drank my bottle again"