Wednesday, August 15, 2007

i owe you all an apology!

my last post came off sounding very snotty and that is not at all what I intended. I'll just blame it on it being WAY too late at night to blog! :) When I read the post this morning it sounded like "Okay. People. It's my birthday. Give me presents." When that is exactly the opposite of what I meant for it to be. So.... here is the post that I should have posted last night...

Happy Birthday...
I am way too old to celebrate birthdays! :) I have never been into birthdays, at least not my own. I love to get ready for Hannah's birthday and Thomas' birthday celebration is always a big deal. But to me my birthday is just another day. I am not into birthday gifts. Especially now that I am an adult and a mom. If I want or need something, I just get it. Well, when I have money at least! ;) And I would rather buy things for my kids instead of me. So, I was pleasantly surprised to open my email yesterday and have emails and instant messages from so many friends and family members. And some of you stinkers even sent gifts! You did NOT need to get me anything. Seriously. But, since they are gorgeous scrapbook kits, and they can't be returned, I guess I'll have to graciously accept them! :) I can't wait to play with them! My mom made me a gorgeous birthday cake, chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. YUM! Love it! It was so pretty. I took pictures so I am sure that you'll see them. I wish that my kids would have been a bit more cooperative so that I could have scrapbooked, but oh well! That's life as a mom! :) There's always another day...


sooooooooooooo. that is what i should have posted, because that is what i really meant! :)

5 comments:

Sislers said...

Yeah that's better...I can't believe I have such a selfish sister-in-law!! ;)

Kidding Mere...I didn't take your first blog as snotty at all. Whether you celebrate them or not, you should be spoiled, it's your day!!

Mary said...

Ditto!! You are great, and should have a great birthday. I do know what you mean though because i was in Tennessee and you are the only one who got me a cake (which was unnecessary, but very appreciated) ;) Your last post was not snotty, and I only picked a couple things off your kaboodle... not that big a deal. well, love you! can't wait to see you

Audimc said...

Happy Belated Birthday!!! I use photoshop a little on my photos, but I've really been trying to shoot in Manual mode to get the best exposure possible. I also use lightroom. I have a Nikon D80 and I LOVE it!

chrissy said...

meredith you're such a dork! but thanks for clarifying for all of us :) ha ha

Melinda said...

Happy belated Birthday, Meredith!