Monday, March 17, 2008

My Weekend Update

Here is another fun *free* QuickPage that I created for Misty Cato with her Fields of Fun kit. I love that kit. It really is a sweet kit! You can find the link to the QuickPage on her blog.

________________________________________________

My big top secret project is going well. I am really enjoying it! That's all I can say about that...
________________________________________________

here are a few photos for you...

On Saturday, we went to Grandpa & Grandma Cardall's house for a family Easter party. Nothing like getting the kids all hopped up on sugar a week early! Hannah thinks it's Easter all week. But she had a really good time playing with her cousins and doing an Easter egg hunt. Ainsley liked the shiny pink eggs. Hannah loved all the candy inside the eggs, Mommy DID NOT! There were oval-shaped candies that looked like chocolate. I made Thomas bite into one to see if there was anything inside. Nothing but Hershey's chocolate! SCORE! So, I started eating them out of Ainsley's basket. Delicious! Until I bit into a peanut butter filled one! NOT GOOD! I immediately spit it out, brushed my teeth and rinsed my mouth and took allergy medicine, but my mouth and throat itched for over four hours anyway. I'm really lucky it wasn't worse. I have officially decided that I am no longer eating anything from anyone or anywhere unless I can read the packaging! It really scared me. We don't let our kids even eat peanut butter, so I forget that other people allow their kids to eat it. No more unpackaged candy for us! But, the good news is that I didn't die or have to go to the emergency room. AND we had a good time visiting with friends and family at Grandma & Grandpa's house.

Other than that, nothing much has happened around here. We are trying really hard to get our house completely put together this week. We need to hang some shelves and figure out what to do with our clothes. We still haven't figured out what to do about a dresser. So, for now, our clothes are in storage bins. lol! :) I feel like I am back in college, except with half the closet space (and half the wardrobe! I miss being able to share clothes with my roomie!). We have to get one of our cars fixed and registered tomorrow. It didn't pass the inspection due a check engine light being on (it hasn't had its 30k mile inspection) and a couple of other things. So, we can't just take it to any mechanic, we have to take it to a dealership. Sounds like a conspiracy between the state of Utah and car dealerships to me. Not looking forward to getting the mechanic's bill for that one. I wish I had spent more time with my dad learning how to fix cars. I am guessing that they are going to tell us that we need a new catalytic converter tomorrow. What a pain!

And on a completely different note...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, GREG!!!!
It's after midnight, so I can post that now!

And another entire different completely different note...
HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!
I am honoring my part Irish heritage and making green pancakes for Hannah tomorrow (Monday) morning.

And now, I am going to go put Hannah in her bed (she fell asleep on the couch) and head to bed myself. Have a great day y'all!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Aleisha said...

Fun! We don't get to do Easter this year, at least not the Egg Hunt. They take easter very serious here and shut down for two days. So looks like the fun stays in doors and private this year. I got some spring cleaning done today too. Italy bites, everything is caked in dust in a week. So there really inst any "spring" cleaning cuz your cleaning 24-7. Keeps you on your toes I guess, along with my two little munchins. =o) Enjoy St. Patty's Day!

Mary said...

Thank you for the "Meredith fix" 4 days is entirely too long for you to go without blogging. LOL! Glad you had a good weekend (and didn't die) HOLY COW! Scary.
That stinks about your car. I totally believe it is a conspiracy. Remember how MD is like every 5 years? Why on earth do they make us re-register EVERY FREAKIN YEAR????? Its insane. But a rant for another day. ;) Good luck.

Oh, and I have a recipe (somewhere) for an Easter thing. Its like the ingredients mean something, and when it cooks it bubbles up into a hollow shell (aka the empty tomb) I'll have to go look for it. It might be a fun project for the kids.

Sarah said...

I love your scrapbook stuff. Now, I just need to find the time to do something with it!!

chrissy said...

Mary, if you find that recipe will you pass it along to me? That sounds fun!

RealRach said...

I didn't know you were allergic to PB...bummer. I love it. I will have to make a mental note about that so I don't ever send you peanut coated cyber hugs or anything.
Can't wait to hear about your BIG SURPRISE!

POWER said...

Thanks for the B-day shout out, Mere. :) I wasn't around much so missed it yesterday.

And green pancakes? MMMmmmmmmmmm.

Brown Family said...

Wow! Having the nut allergy is sooo scary! Glad everything ended on a good note.

Good luck with your car and getting the house together. To answer your question on my blog about our house the list goes on, but the money doesn't. ;) Plumbing, new kitchen sink, new bathtub, new bathroom floor, and a WHOLE new bathroom downstairs is ALL NEEDED! So, I guess I am stressed which puts me in a bad mood. ;)

Kara and Theo said...

I've been admiring yours and your sisters blogs and I notice a really adorable trend. Your girls always have the cutest bows on their heads. Where do you guys find such cute bows? My poor girls are born bald, and Emma who is 1 1/2 still barely has any. I would love to get some!

Amber said...

I want green pancakes!