Monday, March 31, 2008

Quick Update

Well, I got my butt kicked by Denise Austin this morning. I did the entire workout, except for the power abs section. My abs couldn't handle more. I haven't done an ab workout since before I got pregnant with Ainsley, so almost two years. I REALLY enjoyed the workout. It was my first time doing Pilates and I felt like it was totally doable and easy enough to follow. I really enjoy Denise Austin workouts. This is one I am going to have to invest in. I need to find out if she does a complimentary upper body workout. I'm sure there is something. I was trying to do the workout this morning. Hannah decided that she wanted to do Pilates, too. So she worked out next to me. And Ainsley didn't want to feel left out. So, she climbed all over me while I was doing the ab section. I had to take a break to put her to sleep, then start the program again. I am going to have to start doing my workouts at night after the girls go to sleep.

Ainsley is getting so big. She is 11 months old now and I am starting to plan her birthday party already! She can walk all the way across the family room now. She is getting pretty fast, too. She has seven teeth all the way in and I think she is getting several more. She is chewing on everything right now! She has a runny nose again, so between that and the teething, I think we are in for a pretty miserable couple of weeks. I finally have her drinking a formula bottle almost every day, right in time to break her from bottles! And she ate a sandwich today! I made her a little soy butter & strawberry jam sandwich today. She loved it! It's a great way to add protein to her diet since she can't really eat eggs or much meat yet. And since it's soynut butter, I don't have to worry about a peanut allergy.

Hannah is so smart! Today we had "school" time. She spelled her name all by herself today. We also spent some time writing her name. She is getting better at tracing her name. She can write a capital H and she just realized today that an "a" is a "circle with a line". So, hopefully she'll just catch on pretty soon. We have checked out several phonics DVDs from the library, but so far she doesn't show much interest. I really wish I still had the phonics book that I learned to read from. I can't remember what it was called, but it was really good. I turned out pretty smart. We are going to try to get her registered for preschool next year. I have to order her birth certificate first, though. She is such a funny little kid. She comes into the family room almost every night and BEGS to go to her ballet class because "all the kids are waiting for me." Yeah, she doesn't take dance classes. She cries and cries when we tell her that she can't go to dance class. So, we are thinking that we might need to find a community ballet class. If anyone knows of anything down here, let me know.

I have rediscovered organization in my life. Now that my house is finally put together (for the most part) it is so much easier to stay motivated and get every aspect of my life organized. I have gotten into a routine that works for us. Routine feels so nice! And I don't think I am going to have any problems falling asleep tonight. I am exhausted already. But since Hannah napped today we'll probably be up half the night. But part of being organized has forced me to plan meals ahead of time. Yesterday we had grilled Hillshire Farms sausage and fried potatoes, not healthy, but good Sunday comfort food. Then today for dinner we had grilled chicken breasts, salad & Rice-a-Roni for Thomas & sauteed zucchini for me. It was so good. And yes, THOMAS ATE A SALAD! He's still alive, so that's good, right? We are trying to use less salt in our cooking, so we switched from seasoning everything with seasoned salt to using a combination of Old Bay seasoning & Grill Time steak seasoning. Both have sodium in them, but much less than season salt per serving. And we use less seasoning overall. I highly recommend trying the Grill Time steak seasoning. We use it on our potatoes, chicken, steak, roast, and I even used it on my zucchini today! It's just a combination of salt, garlic and different peppers. It's only $1.97 at Wal-Mart for the brand name. The generic Kroger brand is pretty good, too.

Well, I am going to go clean up a bit and get some work done while Ainsley is napping. She just fell asleep on the family room floor while she was playing. She is so cute! She was reaching under the couch to get one of her balls that rolled under there, and she just gave up and fell asleep with one arm under the couch! :) I don't dare move her in case she wakes up!

Have a good day, all!

12 comments:

RealRach said...

Take care! I will miss you while I am gone this week! Talk soon!

kayemeff said...

I love Denise Austin, she's such a motivator!!! Come on, you're gonna look hot in those jeans!!!! LOL
I just ordered a new DVD that is all abs, I can't remember what it's called, after I get it, I'll let you know if it's any good (and what it's called) :) I agree organization is GREAT and totally necessary with little ones!
Kristie

ashli kay wolf said...

i bought windsor pilates and ONLY able to complete the 20 minutes video without totally killing my belly! I LOVE visiting your blog...I learn so much..i MUSt buy some of that seasoning sounds GREAT..I might just have to sprinkle it on my weight watchers meals..maybe spruce it up a little. Do y'all have Letter Factory?! It is greAt! My kids love it and so do my preschoolers! Great for phonics and letter sounds..i am sure you have it...but I love it and since you offer so much self-help for me..i figure I might make an attempt :)

xoxo.ash

Meredith said...

No, we don't have Letter Factory. But you are the second person to recommend it to me. My aunt has it and said she would let me borrow it, but I just haven't taken her up on it. I'll have to make a point of borrowing it from her. Her son is 6 months older than Hannah and knows his letters already. Thanks, Ash!

Meredith said...

Oh! I almost forgot... the seasoning tastes best if it is actually cooked into the food. It isn't as good sprinkled on top after the food is cooked. The dehydrated garlic pieces are too strong/crunchy uncooked.

ashli kay wolf said...

good to KNOW..yeah! I eat cottage cheese and salads mainly...so I can PIG out at supper :) YES..letter factory ROCKS>..it is a phonics based program where the kids are learning letter sounds right along with letter recognition..it is amazing..my 3 year old has been watching it for a year now..and has really learned a lot from it..i also show it to my kids at school...they are so super smart..i LOVE this age grouP!

night night! LOVE the layout too! just precious..what kind of camera do you have?! thanks! ash

Aleisha said...

We have the letter factory. The boys love it. All of there DVD's are great for learning. Your girls are getting so big. I can't believe she is almost one. Rylan is begging to go to school and both are doing swimming lessons this summer along with soccer. I hope that keeps them busy. =o) I love reading family updates. Thanks =o)

Angela Toucan said...

I don't think I'm gonna manage a workout DVD etc for quiet some time. My hubbies been collecting ones he's found on special offer for me to help me get back in shape after baby's born.

chrissy said...

Yep, the Letter Factory and Word Factory are the way to go. I'd let you borrow mine, but they're VHS. Does any one besides me own a VCR anyore? Ha ha!

Mary said...

thats it! I'm bringing it to work with me tomorrow and I'm going to your house on my lunch break!!! LOL! Our Word Factory has a scratch on it, and I can't get it to play - or I'd bring you that one too. Great job on the workout video. I wish I had motivation..
-oh and Chrissy - we have a VCR!! ;)

Meredith said...

we have a VCR, too. :) but sometimes it eats tapes. it's great for hannah. i'll let her put her own vhs in the vcr, but won't let her TOUCH the DVDs! :) Yes, DVDs are better quality, but only when they aren't scratched by kids!

Brown Family said...

I need to follow in your footsteps and give Denise Austin a try. Isabelle doesn't know all her letters. I'll have to look into the Letter Factory, too.