Thursday, March 27, 2008

BBQ Turkey Meatballs

YUM! I made these last night for dinner and they turned out so much better than I hoped! By the way, our Costco has fresh ground turkey for $2.29/lb. Soooooo, we got a pack of that and some of their sandwich rolls and had a great dinner.

1 lb fresh ground turkey
1/4 cup oatmeal
1 egg
onion powder
garlic powder

Combine all ingredients very well, form into golfball-size balls. Brown meatballs in hot oil. Cook in crockpot for 3 hours, add BBQ sauce (KC Masterpiece original is AMAZING!) and heat for another 1/2 hour. This made about 16 meatballs. We served them on warm sandwich rolls. Thomas added fresh parmesan and I added romaine lettuce. Hannah even liked them. These would be REALLY good served over rice.

4 comments:

Angela Toucan said...

ummmm I wonder what I could use instead of oatmeal?

Meredith said...

angela, the oatmeal is just to hold it together. you can use rice, bread crumbs, stuffing mix, little pieces of pasta, couscous, etc. I don't know what TJ can eat, though.

ashli kay wolf said...

omg..she cooks AND she scraps...WOW! Meredith..you are AwEsOME! :) xoxo

Mary said...

I'm so bummed! I left my crockpot at work!!!! This will definitely make the meal plan this week. Thanks!!!