Monday, April 09, 2007

soynut butter toast

any takers? okay, as many of you know, i have a TON of food allergies... and they are really crazy ones. i have been CRAVING peanut butter for the last couple of weeks. i loved eating peanut butter and anything flavored with peanut butter from toast to candy to peanut butter icecream. YUM! I haven't had peanut butter since Hannah was a couple of months old... January 2005 to be exact. Today, my taste buds have been satisfied. A few weeks ago I found a product called Soy Wonder at our grocery store. It is basically peanut butter made with soynuts instead of peanuts. It contains no dairy and no gluten... yipee!!! Well, it is $5 for a tiny jar. So, I didn't get it. Today, Thomas went to the grocery store with me and convinced me to just get it. So, I did. The first thing I did when I got home is to pull out the toaster and some bread and make myself some soynut butter toast. and tomorrow's coming attraction... soynut butter & hershey's syrup soy ice cream. for a non-dairy, non-nut containing dessert it is amazing! :) my life is so pathetic! :)

2 comments:

Sislers said...

You are so NOT pathetic Mere!! I was so excited to find the Light Silk Milk. I was able to eat cold cereal again, which I LOVE!! I get so excited when I find a food I can eat that doesn't irritate my stomach. So I'm right there with ya :)

chrissy said...

Man. Seriously. No offense, but it would SUCK to be you with your food allergies! But I would probably be a lot skinnier if I couldn't eat as many things :)