Friday, April 13, 2007

a new summery look

well, it was 90 degrees here yesterday and tomorrow promises to be just as hot, so I figured that I would create a more summery look for my blog. I'm not sure how long it will last, though. I'm hoping to have new photos to add soon! :) Amanda Rockwell and Dani Mogstad are two of my favorite designers, so it is only right that I use their graphics for my non-profit blog! :) As far as I could tell, neither of them are opposed to that in their terms of use. :) If I am wrong, let me know!

So, no baby yet. I am just setting myself up for disappointment. I am not even close to my due date... or even close to when Hannah came. I am measuring "on-time" and the doctor isn't saying "any day now" yet. But it sure feels like any day now. I feel like this kid is going to just reach out and wave at me! My insides feel totally bruised from top to bottom. I swear she got mad at me earlier and kicked my gall bladder. I haven't had gall bladder problems in about 2 years, but I had a terrible sudden attack last night. I felt it all the way through my shoulder blades. Earlier tonight, Thomas looked at me and said, "You look miserable." well, thanks! :) He didn't mean anything negative by it, he was just being observant. I think that I jinxed myself when I told my sister a few weeks ago that this pregnancy wasn't too bad... But I refuse to have a baby tonight anyway... no Friday the 13th labor for me. I'm not really superstitious, but I need all the good luck I can get! and I can't be in labor next Thursday night... a brand new episode of Grey's Anatomy & October Road... does life get better than that? You know, I still haven't finished the baby's blessing blanket... I should probably work on that instead of redoing my blog... or maybe I should scrapbook. I just can't get in the mood for it. Hannah keeps interrupting me and I hate to be interrupted when I am in a creative groove.

so, the strangest thing has happened. I can't find my breastpump. We got a Medela mini-electric pump when we had Hannah. I KNOW that I have seen it since we moved here. But I cannot remember where. I can't remember if it was in the house or the garage. It cannot possibly be in the house anywhere. I have searched every single cupboard, drawer and closet in the house. I found the charger, the attachements and the empty box, but no pump. That sucker can't be replaced either. lol... sucker... i didn't even think about that until a second ago. anyway... we have to go down to the garage and see if we can find it down there. i can't find a bunch of my newborn clothes, either. I can't find the dress that Hannah wore home from the hospital and a bunch of other ones. I think I must be losing my mind! I thought I had gone through all of the baby bins, but apparently not.

okay, enough rambling. If anyone thinks of a brilliant place where I might have stored my breastpump, let me know. :)

1 comment:

chrissy said...

I don't know where you put the breast pump, but your blog sure looks cute!

Did you like the pump you have, btw? I only nursed Ashlyn for 4 months and Carter for 8 because I ran out of milk (among other reasons). I'm determined not to let that happen again, and I want to completely drain after each feeding. But if I'm gonna spend 200 bucks on something I want something REALLY good! I don't know what to get. I don't think I necessarily need a double pump, but I HAVE to have electric. I don't know...