Saturday, July 12, 2008

not a great day...

So, I woke up this morning to a completely fried laptop... NOT good. It looks like the motherboard went out. Thomas took it to the computer doctor this morning and they said that I could get it fixed... it would run somewhere between $500 & $800... uh, no thanks! That's a new computer! So, we looked at building a temporary system that we would just let Hannah use when we can afford to buy a new laptop. But that was still another $300. Ainsley is still sick. We think she may have an ear infection. If she is still feverish & cranky on Monday I get to take her to the health clinic. That oughta be fun! I'll probably head to a better part of town first. :) We drove by the health clinic earlier tonight and the sign outside said
Birth & Death Certificates
w/ Immunizations
Huh??? They can't even get their sign to sound intelligent. Don't wanna see their doctors. I actually called them a few months ago when Ainsley needed shots and the receptionist whispered to me, "Don't bring your kids here if you don't have to. There are a lot of really sick people and the doctors don't usually treat kids." Hmmm... not instilling much confidence in me. Anyway... so at least the nasty diapers have stopped. We completely took her off formula and milk. She loves Pedialyte. We may never get her back on milk. That kid has a sweet tooth. She wouldn't eat much today, either. She wouldn't eat her bananas or applesauce. So, I asked Thomas to pick up some rice at the grocery store and she LOVED it! We don't usually keep rice in the house since I am allergic to it and Thomas doesn't like it. I guess we're gonna have to start. She started feeding herself with a spoon today. She has been trying to do it for a while and has been mildly successful, but today she did really well!!! She is getting to be such a little girl! Hannah is so much fun lately. She is just so funny and so compassionate when she wants to be. And that child is addicted to GLITTER! We bought some glitter glue pens to work on a craft project the other day and she has already used up almost all five glitter pens. There was glitter everywhere last night. All over the counter, her paper, her dress, the dishtowels, her cup... you get the picture! Well, if my camera weren't falling apart you could see an actual real picture. I don't know what is wrong with it. It just doesn't stay focused. If we are outside in super bright light it takes photos fine. If you are in the house if the outside light isn't amazing, the pictures are fuzzy. Even with a flash. It's really bizarre. I don't know if the motor is burning up or if the battery just isn't holding a charge well. The camera AND battery are over 10 years old. I just LOVE this camera and I really hope it isn't dying on me. I will cry, for real, I promise. And that brings me back to my story about how sweet my Hannah is. I was so tired this morning. I have gotten MAYBE three hours of sleep a night for the last two or three nights because of Ainsley being sick. I have scrubbed my bathtub more times than I care to count in the last three days. I have washed sooooo many bottles and cups. I have done more laundry in the last three days than I normally do in TWO WEEKS! Crazy. So, I woke up a bit cranky. Then Hannah woke up Ainsley and I got really cranky. Then I turned on my computer to see nothing but a black screen and I just got really upset. My cell phone is barely working. It keeps turning itself off. It's not even a year old! I actually need to just call and get a new one sent to me. But then I tried to take some pictures and they were all fuzzy and I was just sooo frustrated! Ainsley had ANOTHER nasty diaper and I just couldn't take one more thing. I realized that we didn't have any Pedialyte so I asked Thomas if he would run to the grocery store so that I could get Ainsley cleaned up and bathed AGAIN and wash her sheets AGAIN. So, Thomas, being the great husband that he is, grabbed Hannah and took her with him. They came home with everything on my grocery list (and a few more things!) AND Hannah walked in and handed me a bouquet of flowers that she picked out for me at the florist. No, they didn't just grab a package of flowers at the grocery store. They went to the florist and Thomas let Hannah pick out flowers for me. Isn't that the sweetest thing ever? Nope. The VERY SWEETEST THING ever was that Hannah walked in and said, "Mom, thanks for everything you do for us. I love you so much!" I just picked her up and squeezed her and almost started crying. I love my baby girl!

Anyway... to recap... no sleep for two days... broken laptop (with all my kits from the last week not backed up)... cell phone that keeps dying... camera that won't take focused photos... not being able to work on my scrapbooking... sick baby... SWEET HUSBAND AND DAUGHTERS who tried to make it all better! And even though the problems are all still there, I just smile every time I walk through the kitchen and see my flowers. Maybe I'll move them to the family room where I can see them more!

So, if y'all don't hear from me for a while, it's because Thomas and I are trying to share one computer. Those of you who know us know that is NOT an easy thing... and no idea when we are going to be able to get a new one... I may have to get a new hobby for nighttime. Maybe I'll try sleeping. Good night!

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh honey, you need a break!! I'm sorry that nothing has been working for you. That absolutely stinks about your computer.
If you need a night away, call me. Its Girls Night Out and we're doing dinner and a movie. I think it would do wonders for your sanity. Anyway, hopefully you'll be able to get some sleep. I miss you!!

Aleisha said...

I've had one of those days all week. I think I am through with moving, for good. Can ya hear me laughing from over here? Anyways, hope it starts getting better for you and your little one starts feeling better. It's no fun on the down side.