Tuesday, July 15, 2008

ainsley update

I ended up taking Ainsley to the pediatrician today. She has a severe double ear infection. She is on antibiotics and will hopefully be able to go back on formula tomorrow night, once she stops running a fever. I'm not even going to try to start milk right now. She has lost a couple of pounds, that she couldn't afford to lose. So, it looks like we'll be turning her carseat BACK around. She's gonna love that. Once our health insurance kicks in I have to take her back in for a well visit and shots and we'll talk more about her weight then. As long as she gains weight between now and then, the pediatrician isn't too worried. If she maintains or loses, then we'll be worried. I don't know about the doctor, but I am worried NOW! But that's my job as a mom.

So, my mom bought Hannah a super-duper scooter for her birthday and gave it to her early when we were in Chicago. I got home from the doctor's office today and there was a HUGE box in front of my front door... pretty much blocked 2/3 of the height of the door and was as wide as my door. It was THE SCOOTER!!! Hannah was so excited to see it! It's supposed to not tip over at all... for a scooter that's not supposed to tip over, Hannah sure spent a lot of time on the concrete tonight! She kept falling and hitting her knees. No blood, though, so it was all good. We spent a little while outside tonight, and we're going back out tomorrow morning probably. She loves that thing. Her helmet is getting a little small on her head so we need to get her a new one.

We found some awesome deals on new laptops today! We were so excited, well I was so excited and I think Thomas was excited that I would stop nagging him to let me get some computer time. So, we found two that we really liked and the price was right, so we did some research... absolute garbage. Big name computers with big name components... BIG problems with overheating and motherboard failure. Shocker! So, we didn't get a new computer for me. Our other two options are a Dell and a Lenovo. We can get a better deal on a Lenovo, but there are problems with screen glare. Probably not a good idea for someone who spends as much time working on a computer as I do. Then, we keep going back and forth... should we get a desktop or a laptop? We have found some pretty smokin' desktop deals. Ugh! Frustrating.

Ainsley learned how to climb out of her crib tonight. I was in the kitchen doing dishes. She woke up and wanted out of her bed. I didn't want to get her out because I wanted her to go back to sleep. The crying got louder, as it usually does right before she falls asleep. Then I look over my shoulder and Ainsley walks into the kitchen carrying her bottle. WHAT??? I went and asked Thomas if he got her out and turned her loose. He said he didn't. Then we were sitting on our bed looking at computers and she did it again. My personal time is officially OVER. I can't leave her in her crib while I even take a shower anymore. I usually shower during her early morning nap. I can't do that in case she wakes up and tries to climb out of her crib. Hannah never did that!!!! At almost 2 years old, she attempted to ONCE. I have no idea what we are going to do with this monkey. She can climb just about anything. Thomas walked into the family room a few minutes ago and she was sitting in the leather chair with my glasses on her face and pretending to read my book. Little stinker.

Okay, she is still fussing. I need to get off here and go to bed, too, and hopefully she'll go to sleep when I stop pounding the keyboard. If anyone has any advice or input or has seen a killer deal on a computer, let me know! I don't want to build one because our luck STINKS right now and I really would like something under warranty. Seriously. How many people's laptops break 2 MONTHS out of warranty? FRUSTRATING! Okay, going to sleep for real now before I get all riled up! Ash, we looked at Macs and they were too expensive for what we want to spend right now. Even with a student discount.

Please remember, my blog is where I come to vent. I get my bad moods out on here so that I can be sunshiny and happy for my kiddos! :) We really are very blessed and we know that and we are grateful. We just seem to have a little black raincloud following us right now. That's okay. We can deal with it! :)

3 comments:

Aleisha said...

Our HP lap top died one month before our warranty was up, thankfully. We took it back and went to CompUSA and found an 2100 dollar toshiba for only 900. They always have amazing deals on great computers. You should check them out. Also, costco backs up what they sell 100%. Should try them as well. Hope you find a really good one. After all we've been through with lap tops, we won't buy anything unless its a Toshiba, Sony or Apple. But since apples cost more then I want to spend, I will stick with my Toshiba. =o) Good luck!

Mary said...

If its a good warranty you want - I always hear those PC Laptop commercials. LIFETIME parts and service. I've never bought a computer there, but it couldn't hurt to look!
Sorry about the crib. That really stinks!

Amy said...

Awww, mere, so much going on! I got Sophie to gain back almost all the weight she lost by letting her eat cookies and mcdonalds french fries (her fave) every day for a week. Not the healthiest method but the dr. said it was fine. God luck and hugs to you and the girls!