Tuesday, July 29, 2008

A Little Girl is Still Missing

REACHELLE SMITH
I got an email forward today about a missing little girl. I don't usually do anything with forwards, normally don't even read them, but this one just tugged at my heart. This little girl has been missing for two years. I looked her up on Snopes. This is a real story. The photo is from the FBI's Missing Persons Investigation. I linked the picture to the FBI's site. The man she was believed to be with was found dead of an apparent suicide. The FBI doesn't have any leads to go on. I have never seen this little girl, but maybe one of you has. She is from North Dakota. I wasn't going to do anything with this, but if it were my little girl, I would want someone to post her photo. Here are the details...

DESCRIPTION

Date of Birth: September 10, 2002 Place of Birth: Unknown
Sex: Female Hair: Brown
Height: 3'6" Eyes: Brown
Weight: 40 pounds Race: White

THE DETAILS

Reachelle Smith is missing under suspicious circumstances. She was last seen at her residence in Minot, North Dakota, by her guardian at approximately 1 a.m. on May 17, 2006. When the guardian awoke the next morning and found Reachelle gone, the guardian's male roommate stated that Reachelle would be spending a few days with his mother, with whom the child has a grandmother-type relationship.

On May 22, the guardian awoke to find the roommate missing, along with her own van. She called police to report the missing child and roommate. The roommate was later found dead in the van, by an apparent suicide, outside of Minot. Reachelle was not inside the van.

No comments: