Monday, July 23, 2007

We're Back!

Finally. I never want to get in a car again. Ten hours to Tennessee. Ten hours back to Illinois. ugh. We went to Tennessee for my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary this past weekend. We had a good time. We were able to visit with lots of family and it was fun to reconnect with cousins and aunts and uncles that I haven't seen in years. I wish that Thomas could have been with me. I actually didn't take many pictures this year. I'm kind of sad about that. But I spent the entire time chasing Hannah or feeding Ainsley or trying to do both at the same time... that wasn't fun or pretty! :) Amber and my dad took lots of pictures, though. Hannah had a grand time climbing the mountain outside the conference center where the party was. She painted a "stained glass" picture frame with lovely butterflies on it. My aunt Mary was sitting with her while she colored and Mary asked her if she liked the blue paint she was using and Hannah bursts out with, "Yes. It makes me want to siiiinnnnggg!" What a funny kid! :) She was a little terror, though, too! She kept trying to take all the toys from the other kids and she was pushing all the boys around. Not just the ones her age, either. Nope, my daughter goes for the bigger kids, takes their toys, and then pushes them over. She's got some anger issues! But then on Sunday she actually started playing well with her little cousins. Technically, they are my cousins, but since they are her age... The good thing is that she really enjoyed playing with Eli and Canon, who both live in Utah. So there are two more people she already knows there. Anyway.... it's getting late. I am gonna post a picture or two for you guys and then get some sleep!

Hannah getting ready to beat SpongeBob!

"Finally, Mom gave me a stick and told me it is okay to hit something with it!"


Hannah hiding the toys from Eli.

Ainsley & Uncle Jacob

Ainsley & Grandma Ruthie


me and the girlies in the hotel this morning
this is the picture we took for daddy!
Hannah is doing her "chores" helping Grandma water the flowers.

this is ainsley from earlier tonight. she found her toes!!!! so cute!

And in case you haven't noticed, I can't stop with just one or two pictures... Goodnight!

8 comments:

Jenna said...

My gosh... you are one brave woman to take a trip like that. wow.
I love the photo of you girls in the hotel room.

chrissy said...

what beautiful girls!!! hannah cracks me up. how about on saturday when we called, and tom said "hannah can you say hi to aunt chrissy?" and hannah said "(sigh)... I don't think soooo..." what a nut!!! that still makes me laugh.

Jill Petersen said...

I love that! Its so fun to watch them grow up! What a drive you made! I'm impressed!

neliasugar said...

Look how cute you and the babies are!

jan said...

Glad you are back and posting! I check it every day and was delighted to see the girls are back!

Emily said...

There are never too many pictures! I love seeing those cuties! Ainsley grabbing her toes is adorable!

Sislers said...

I didn't know it was that long of a drive!...yuck!!

That picture of Ainsley with Ruthie is so cute!!

Mary said...

Hey - Eli didn't seem to mind that Hannah was hiding the cars. As long as he had that stupid yellow one! Hannah was so cute, and I loved seeing you again. I'm going to download my pictures to my photosite hopefully tomorrow. Looking at them, I didn't take hardly any either. oh well.