Tuesday, July 31, 2007

today...

the wind in my hair... the sun in my face... man! i miss driving a convertible! I had to drop Ainsley's prescription off this afternoon to be filled. So, I got both kiddos to sleep and took off in my mom's little Mini. It's 88 degrees outside and sunny with just a touch of humidity in the air. PERFECT for zipping around Downers Grove with the top down and Dr. Pepper in my hand. Oops! Did I say Dr. Pepper? I meant a bottle of water, fortified with lots of vitamins and healthy stuff. eek! I'm caught. I got a Dr. Pepper today. I have just been under so much stress lately. And with these crazy storms blowing in every afternoon, I have a terrible sinus headache! Dr. Pepper and Sudafed seem to be a great team at knocking out the pain. I am still losing weight pretty steadily. I have lost about 20 lbs since I got to Illinois. I have about 20 to 30 lbs to go. If you see a picture of me from above the waist, I look great, well at least in reference to my weight. But then you see the rest of me and wonder how someone who can wear a small shirt has to wear XL pants! :) It has nothing to do with me sitting in front of my computer scrapbooking and drinking Dr. Pepper, I promise! :)

Well... I am going to go try to actually get some scrapping work done. One of the designers I work with is coming out with a bunch of new stuff over the next few weeks! And I have a Guest CT opportunity coming up in August. I am so excited about that one! :) The scrapbooking actually really helps with the stress and anxiety right now. I am probably going to a crop at church on Friday night. The girls here at my parents' church are so sweet. They don't even know me at all and they really don't know my parents, but they have welcomed us here with open arms. They make sure that I know about Scrapbook night and PlayGroup. We haven't made it to PlayGroup yet but I think we are going to go next week. Okay... really going now!

3 comments:

chrissy said...

DR PEPPER? Meredith, you're not helping my cause! LOL

Sislers said...

Can I brag and say that I haven't drank soda for about 10 years?!

;)
(I'm not going to say that the carbonation just makes me sick, so I can't drink it...BUT...that's a minor detail.)

Mary said...

Oh, you mean the two cups of Wild Cherry Pepsi that I just drank at KFC was a bad thing?? hmmm... sure tasted good to me! I thought you were looking great in Tennessee. I hadn't seen you in a while, so I have nothing to compare with how much you've lost, but WELL DONE!!!!!! And for only 3 months, that is awesome. You'll make it back to where you want... scrapbooking / DR PEPPER and all. My friend gives herself little 'gifts' for every 5 lbs she loses since she had her baby. Great incentive!!!!!