Monday, July 09, 2007

I HATE UNITED AIRLINES!

Seriously. I hate them. I know... not very Christlike of me, but I really do not like them! I tried to book a flight to Utah for next Friday. We were within the seven day timeframe. Everything looked great. Perfect time to fly in. I called my husband and we were so excited. We had a family party planned for Saturday afternoon. Soooo, we got a phone call on Saturday from the customer service agent who "booked" the flight on Friday. He said that he needed additional funds. Uh, why? Ruthie, the champion negotiator, finally got some of the fees waived and the guy said that he "booked" the flight and would email the reservation. This morning, there was STILL no email confirmation. Ruthie called back. It was UGLY. They said that they would have my reservation booked by this afternoon. At 7pm... still no reservation! Ruthie called back and it got even UGLIER! Finally, after threatening to have the entire department fired (okay, maybe not the entire department, just the morons she talked to) she decided to cancel the flight and rebook on another airline. My parents are going to be out of town this weekend and I don't want to get stranded at the airport with no way back to their house if I don't really have a flight. So... now we are delayed at least until the middle of next week. Well, next weekend is my grandparents' 50th wedding anniversary party. So, why not wait and go to that? It is really just a delay of one more week, but it seems so much longer. It will be good to see my extended family, but I really miss Thomas. At least I get to see my brother and his wife and baby. I'll try to post pics later tonight from the 4th.

5 comments:

Aleisha said...

We had the same thing happen with stuarts flights coming home. After THREE Times, we finally got him home, and the navy ended up paying, thank goodness. That would have been ugly on the savings. Anyways, we know the feeling. Hope you get here soon. We'd like to see you guys before we leave. =o)

chrissy said...

DRAT! That's all I have to say!

Emily said...

That sucks! I hate airline travel these days! T

Sislers said...

What?!...but we're having a swim party on Saturday so all the cousins could swim and play :(

No, but seriously that sucks, sorry :(

chrissy said...

so any new news on the traveling date?