Friday, July 13, 2007

my new project

I am knitting a baby blanket for my sister. It is such a pretty pattern! You can see it here. Sometimes it will let you view it, but you may have to register. Anyway, Angie's blanket is going to be a soft butter yellow. My friend, Christy, from Jacksonville made one for me (well, technically for Ainsley!) in a beautiful tan color. I love it! In fact, here is a picture of it...Isn't it GORGEOUS??? And it turns out that the pattern is actually pretty easy. It's gonna take me forever, but it is simple enough for a new-ish knitter to do! I can't wait to get it finished. It turns out that it is much more difficult to knit with two kids than with one. Every time I pick it up, Ainsley starts screaming. I only have 32 rows done out of 232! And since it is a diagonal knit, I actually have less done than it sounds like! :) The blanket gets bigger with each row! Chrissy, I'm thinking you might get one like this, too. We'll see...

4 comments:

Sislers said...

OK, now you really have to come out fast!! I have been waiting for someone to "refresh" my memory with crocheting (spelling?). I used to do it, but it's been so long now, and I would love to do an afghan. I've seen the ones you've done at our house, and they're beautiful :) So that's another thing you get to teach me how to do :)

Meredith said...

I would be happy to refresh your memory about crocheting. I love to crochet and knit because it makes me think about my granny. And teaching people makes me remember her even more because she taught so many people.

Jill said...

Your baby is absolutely precious. I want to cuddle her right now!!!!!!!

chrissy said...

heck! i'm not going to say no!!! and those bows you wanted to learn how to make... jill makes them! i'll have to commission her to make a few for you since i still haven't gotten a gift for ainsley (sorry!)