Saturday, July 14, 2007

just a few thoughts

The human spirit amazes me. There are times in life when I feel like I have just had all that I can handle. I have reached the end of my rope and I just can't do it anymore. No matter how many times I get to that point, I always manage to come through. I might feel like giving up, but I just keep doing the best that I can and Heavenly Father helps me get through the rest.

Yesterday was one of those days when I questioned why I ever had kids. Hannah was an absolute terror! She was hitting and biting and licking. She grabbed hold of my throat and squeezed. I have no idea where her anger is coming from. Well, I do actually, but there isn't anything I can do about it. Ainsley was cranky and wanted to eat all day long. I am trying to potty-train Hannah. She is such a stubborn child. She only went on the potty three times yesterday. The rest of the time she had "accidents" on purpose. I'd put her on the potty and make her sit there for a few minutes (she was usually kicking me and screaming). She would eventually calm down and tell me that she didn't have to go. So, I would get her down, put on her panties and she would run out into the kitchen and pee. She would turn around and laugh and tell me that she peed her panties. "Clean it up, Mom!" There was a lot of counting to ten yesterday. By the time I put her to bed last night, I was at the end of my rope. I was just absolutely exhausted. She reached up from her bed and gave me a big hug and a kiss and told me that she loved me. Isn't it amazing how the little stinkers can make us crazy all day long and then just melt our hearts in one little instant?

Today is a new day. We'll see how it goes. Hannah is already cranky and Ainsley is still sleeping. Of course. Ainsley keeps me up half the night and then Hannah wakes me up at the crack of dawn. My aunt is supposed to come down today and we are going shopping. Our plan is to hit Hobby Lobby(for yarn & hairbows), Michaels (to return some knitting needles that were the wrong size), JoAnns (to get some more yarn & stuff for hairbows), Kohls (they are supposed to have a big sale this weekend and Helen wants some new capris) and Target (I need some Tylenol Sinus... I have had a TERRIBLE sinus headache for the last week on top of everything else). She was planning to be here by 9am and I haven't heard from her yet. So, we'll see how far we get before the kids freak out. Should be fun! I love spending time with my aunt and I really need a break today, so I hope the kids cooperate.

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh, Meredith! I'm sorry. I know we've all had days like that when we wonder what in the world we were thinking when we had kids. Hang in there... I hope today is lots better!

chrissy said...

What a hard day! What a hard few weeks! Just keep reminding yourself you're a GREAT mom and don't feel guilty for having those "I wanna strangle my kids!" moments. We all have them! Especially when you have to be the mom AND the dad on your vacation! :)

Aleisha said...

At least you only had that feeling one day. I have them almost every day. ANd rylan goes through the peeing in his pants on purpose too. It got better as soon as stu got home though, but were still working on it. Dont give up. Just know your not the only one, and it doesnt make you a bad mom. =o) Keep up the good work!!!

jan said...

Hey, Sweetie! When you ge to Utah I'll take your little darlings for a day and you can sleep all day and knit when you can't sleep any more. Love you! Hang in there.