Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thanks, Mary!!!!

For three whole hours tonight, I felt like a human being... not just a MOM! Don't get me wrong, I love being a mom, but sometimes it's nice to feel like an individual! My friend, Mary, & I went to see Riverdance! I LOVED it! I have always loved Riverdance, but there is just something about seeing it in person that makes it even more "real"! I was expecting to come home to screaming kids and a mad dad... but I was pleasantly surprised! Thomas was in complete control and the kids were doing great! They had a good time with Dad. That means I can go away for girls' weekend at the end of the month and they won't even miss me! :)

Ainsley's cough sounds pretty bad now. She is on antibiotics, so I hope she doesn't get worse. When I came home tonight, Hannah had a fever of 102. Poor little girl. She was just laying on the couch. Thomas seems to be a bit better. He went to work all day today. I don't know how he did it, but he's a trooper! I felt awful all day today. Thomas had taken all of the DayQuil to work with him, so I got brave and swallowed some NASTY Robitussin. MIRACLE DRUG!!! I felt like an almost normal person afterwards. I took it with me and had to take some right before the show started. It's about to wear off now and I can feel it. But it makes me so wound up that I don't dare take it before bed.

So, I am starting the process of going through all my clothes and deciding what to get rid of and what to pack away for summer and what actually gets hung up in my tiny little closet. Therefore, my family room is a disaster as I sort through boxes of clothes. Yes, they are still in boxes. But those are just about the only boxes left. I still haven't hung up my pictures yet. I don't think I'm going to hang much up. I have a picture of the Mt. Timpanogos Temple that I want to hang, a couple of mirrors & one big picture, but I can't hang that one up until we get our table put together. I really need to go to IKEA this weekend and get some storage stuff for Hannah's room and curtain rods for the family room & Hannah's room. I want to get a small curtain rod that I can use to hang up pictures in Hannah's room. She likes to swap out pictures all the time and display her artwork. we'll see what we can rig up. I really want to get some of those big wooden signs with sayings on them for my family room and my bedroom. I don't know how to describe them, but my sisters-in-law all have them in their houses. Anyone know where to get them? Chrissy? Any ideas?

Well, I am going crazy watching 64 Zoo Lane. So, I'm going to go put Hannah in bed and try to get some sleep while the kiddos & Thomas are sleeping!

4 comments:

chrissy said...

So, where's the video of you dancing around in your living room when you got home last night?

And those wood things, you can get them anywhere. Botiques are a great place to get them already made. Or, my next door neighbor is SOOO crafty. She's the lady that SELLS the cute stuff to the botiques. She's got TONS of stuff if you want to come over and look. OR you can make your own stuff. You just buy the unfinished wood for cheap at the Wood Connection, and paint it. Then add stuff you want to it, like vinyl letters or metal letters, flowers, ribbon...that's probably your cheapest option. OR sometimes Roberts or Michaels has cut ones and you can use a 40% off coupon...Lots of options!!! But you're crafty, so if I were you I'd make one. Then you can make it to match your house.

chrissy said...

oops...Robers doesn't have CUT ones, they have CUTE ones. Heh heh sorry.

Mary said...

Thanks for going with me! I'm glad that everything was under control when you got home... maybe we should have gone out afterwards. ;) I was actually thinking I'd go down to IKEA this weekend too. I still haven't been and Chris let me keep that $100... I need some pants, but won't buy them for that much!! mini-shopping spree!!!

Aleisha said...

There is the Provo Craft outlet store up by Kid to Kid in Pleasent Grove. AWESOME place...everything provo craft makes, from wooden stuff to scrapbook stuff, marked down CHEAP. Hard place to stay away from, so beware. And Roberts across the street from Target in Orem. Another Fav of mine. I MISS UTAH!!!! LOL You can make your own too. There is a place next door to the provo craft outlet that will make any rub on wording for you for not much at all. Go wild, and have fun with it.