Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cabin Pictures February 2008

Hannah shoveling snow off the front porch.

There was so much snow up there! It was shocking! This is view out the back kitchen door. Apparently all the snow from the back of the roof slid off (missing Grandpa Cardall by about 5 minutes).

This is the front view of the cabin. The porch is about three steps up from the ground... The steps were completely covered.

Here is Ainsley ready to go out in the snow! Bad mommy that I am, I forgot her gloves! So, I just bundled her up inside my coat.

This is the view from the back window of the cabin. The building back there is the new shed for the snowmobiles and the firewood and stuff. And under all that snow is a sandbox with toys, a swingset & slide and lots of other stuff. Can you see how those tiny little trees are holding up that snow? Amazing!

This is the view of the river from the bridge by the front gate.

Here is a picture of Tommy & I on the snowmobile! Thanks, Ryan, for letting us use your snowmobile!

Here is Hannah making a snow angel. She didn't want to sled or build a snowman, she wanted to make snow angels. It was SO COLD that she couldn't stand being outside more than about 20 minutes. Then she wanted to go inside and drink "hot chocolate that's really warm, not hot."

Here is a picture I took of my niece, Ashlyn, on the front porch of the cabin. Ash is Chrissy's daughter. The kids were playing with the tubes and the lighting was AMAZING! And of course, Hannah refused to come over so I could get a picture of her. And Ainsley was zipped up inside my coat.


And here is my amazing lighting picture of Carter. Isn't he a cutie??? He's Chrissy's son. Chrissy, your kids are so dang photogenic! I'll upload the pictures and send you a link tomorrow hopefully. And seriously, those pictures are totally un-edited. I really wish that Hannah would have let me take pictures of her.

We are going to the zoo tomorrow so I am hoping to get some good photos of the girls. We are supposed to have good weather and good lighting! We'll see!

7 comments:

Mary said...

Wow thats a lot of snow! Glad you guys had a good time.

Aleisha said...

Looks like you guys had a ball. I miss snow. Wish we had somewhere to get away! =o)

Melinda said...

The lighting on those photos is fabulous, Meredith! wow! looks like you all had a fun time!

Kathryn said...

I hope the zoo is warmer than this! Great pics! Looks like you had fun. Stay warm!

Cardalls said...

I can't believe how much snow is up there!! Looks like fun...we haven't spent much time at the cabin in the winter. Looks like a lot of work to get kiddos ready and keep them warm, yes I"m a warm weather wimp!

RealRach said...

Holy Snow Batman! That's nuts! WOW! I love snow but that might be even too much for ME!

chrissy said...

Cute! Will you send me those pics like you did before? I still haven't even downloaded mine.

As always, we had fun with you guys. Thanks!