Saturday, February 02, 2008

simple pleasures...

we went sledding earlier today and then ran to 7-11 and got fountain Cokes for Thomas & I, and a slurpee for Hannah. They only had the Crystal Light ones OR the Mountain Dew one. Well, I don't let Hannah have artificial sweeteners, so I got her the Mountain Dew one. I know, I know... crazy! I expected her to be bouncing off the walls. She fell asleep at 8 on the couch and hasn't moved since! I should put her in bed, and I will in a few minutes, but for now I am enjoying the peace and quiet! Ainsley fell asleep about half an hour ago. I am watching Father of the Bride on TV and eating the most delicious concoction EVER! Okay, get ready for this... soynut butter with crushed Kit-Kat, vanilla soy ice cream and Hershey's syrup! Wow! This is amazing! If you have never had a Kit-Kat dipped in peanut butter, you have to have one RIGHT NOW! Go, immediately to the nearest store and get them! Unless it's Sunday when you're reading this. Then you can drool all day and wait until Monday to go to the store! And all of you who will rub it in that you can have real peanut butter and real ice cream, be nice! :) I'm just grateful that I can still eat the substitutes!

I'll post pictures of the sledding trip tomorrow or Monday. Thomas is doing some stuff online and our internet connection is SLOW! How sad! We can't both do stuff on the computer at the same time!

So, we watched President Hinckley's funeral this morning on KSL. It was really strange to watch a funeral sitting at home in my pajamas. We didn't even attempt to go to the funeral because we figured we would never get in... and Thomas had to work this morning. I was so disappointed when they announced that there were still 1000 empty seats. I could have gone. But my kids were really cranky this morning so we would have been in the hall the whole time anyway. Back to the funeral... what a sweet tribute to a wonderful man! I will really miss him. But it was interesting to see President Monson take the lead. He really stepped up and I can see him being an amazing leader. Thomas and I were talking after the funeral, before the graveside service began, about how different things will feel with Pres Monson as the prophet. He and President Hinckley are so different. They are both wonderful, sweet men. They are both spiritual giants. They are both well-educated and gentle. While President Hinckley is more humorous, they are both funny. But President Monson is just more poetic. It will be interesting to see what kind of influence and mark his tenure as church president will leave. I have always loved President Monson.

And on a completely different and totally unrelated note, after 24 hours on antibiotics, Ainsley's nose is almost completely cleared up. All mucous is now clear! Woohoo! But the downside is that she poops through her outfits a couple of times a day. That's not fun. I'm sick of doing laundry.

Well, I better go wash my ice cream cup or I am going to lick it clean! I need to clean my house up while the kids are sleeping. :)

2 comments:

Aleisha said...

Stuart got it to where our Lap top is connected to the internet at the same time as our computer, but it acts as a diffrent connection. So we can both be on at the same time. If you want, I will have him e-mail you and tell you how to do it. You just make the connection think that you are only using one computer, when you are using two. Its GREAT!!! Especially when we both want to do something at the same time. Blog looks great, as usual!!! Thanks for the help again!

Mary said...

I didn't watch the funeral, but I listened to a lot of it on the radio. What a wonderful man. He will be sorely missed.
And YEAH!!! Ainsleys cold is clearing up!!! Woohoo!
~oh and yes, its Sunday, but I still might need to go out and try your KitKat/peanut butter. mmmmm...