Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Mommy on STRIKE!

I absolutely refuse to clean up any more bodily fluids today... and that should tell you what my day has been like. At some point in the next few days I have to go to a laundromat and wash a king-sized down duvet... And I need to buy more bleach spray... And we are out of tissues...

We were ALL HEALTHY for 48 complete hours! That has not happened since October! Thomas got sick on Sunday. Ainsley has been coughing all night and my throat is scratchy. Hannah seems fine, but she is really cranky, so we'll see how tomorrow goes.

Thanks to Grandma Ruthie for the package! She sent Hannah Pocahontas on DVD and a couple of other Disney DVDs... along with a complete wardrobe for both of my kids (okay, not complete! there weren't any underwear [no. they don't need any, momma!]... but pretty much everything else!), some Pez (Cola Pez do NOT taste like Coke. They are NOT good.), a stuffed elephant and some fuzzy Crocs for Hannah. They looked really warm and I was tempted to squeeze my feet in! Hannah took a nap on my bed this afternoon wearing her new fuzzy Crocs, a new pink sweater with red polkadots while watching her new Cinderella DVD. It was so cute. I was going to take a picture, but I was trying to feed Ainsley and by the time I finished feeding Ainsley, Hannah had woken up and peed all over my bed. The fun never ends! I am so looking forward to my night away from home tomorrow night! I am going to see RIVERDANCE with Mary! I can NOT wait! Okay, the kids are all asleep and Thomas is sleeping, too. I am going to try to go to sleep now for a while. I'm sure it won't be long before one of them decides they can't sleep and wants me to be awake with them! :) Isn't it FUN to be a mom when everyone is sick?

4 comments:

Angie said...

Oh fun! But look how cute they are...

chrissy said...

Boo! for bodily fluids, but Hooray! for fun packages from Grandma!!

We missed you last night. Now I know why you probably weren't there lol

chrissy said...

BTW did I tell you I like your new blog layout? I can't remember. So if not, I LOVE IT!

jane said...

wow meredith! i just love your blog! your header is beautiful! I hope your family feels better soon, and that you are perfectly healthy when you see riverdance!! bet it will be awesome!