Tuesday, September 11, 2007

update for the day

Today has been a pretty good day so far. The girls actually slept until a decent time this morning, which is good, since I was up half the night. Ainsley has been really fussy and her reflux is really bad right now. That usually means we are in the middle of a big growth spurt. Hannah didn't want to sleep in her room last night either. So, all four of us attempted to sleep in our bed again last night. I had Hannah's feet in my back and Ainsley trying to eat all night long... not good for resting. At about 1:30 this morning, I got sick of it! I carried a sleeping Hannah to her room and was finally able to sleep. Then I got up this morning at about 5:30 with Thomas to iron his shirt and then back to sleep for me! I actually couldn't fall asleep for a couple of hours, but it was nice to try! :) Then, we got up and went to playgroup with some of the moms & kids from church. They were so sweet. I really enjoyed it. I liked all of the moms, but there are a few that I think I could really like. One of the moms reminds me so much of my friend, Kimmie, from Florida, that it made me kinda sad. I miss Kimmie! Anyway... after the kids played for a while, I took the girls to Target to get a few groceries for dinner. That is the bad thing about moving, you don't have all the basics... like sour cream. So, we are constantly finding ourselves running to the store to get one or two little things that we always used to have in the house. Last weekend it was garlic. I ALWAYS have fresh garlic in the house. And now I do here! So.... we ran to Target and I only had to threaten Hannah once! :) I even got the ingredients to make Thomas' favorite dinner. Well, most of them. I forgot one of the main parts, but I can always run out tomorrow and get that. It will give us a reason to leave the house. So, I didn't get much done around the house today, but it was nice to spend the day out. I want to take Hannah to the library tomorrow. Maybe we'll wait until Thursday, it is supposed to be almost 90 degrees so it will be too hot to go outside to play. I took cute pictures today of the girls. I''ll try to upload some later.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

check with the library... most of them have story times for toddlers. that's one of my kids favorite activities! you get to drop them off and wander the library all by yourself! (well, and ainsley!)

i hate when carter sleeps in our bed. he use to wake us up and ask if he could get in, but now he knows better...he knows we'll tell him no. so now he just hops right in and we don't notice until one of us wakes up with his foot in our face!

Brown Family said...

I too hate sharing my bed with my precious children. Emily always sneaks in our bed in the middle of the night. She is the worst person to sleep with, always kicking.

I know I hate having to start over on having ingredients after a move. I got rid of all my spices so I will have to start from scratch on those again and they can be so expensive.

Glad you all had a good time a playgroup! I would head to the library too if it is going to be in the 90's.