Monday, September 10, 2007

today...

How do my kids know when I am totally exhausted? I swear they can sense it. And they always wake up at the crack of dawn on those days. The girls were both awake at 5:30 this morning. So, at least they got to see Daddy. Then, Ainsley fell asleep at about 7am and Hannah fell asleep about 7:30. I decided to try to sleep at that point and couldn't fall asleep for a long time, of course. Too much stuff running through my mind. I fell asleep just before both girls woke up. Of course. And I swear that Hannah follows me around making messes as soon as I clean something. I made my bed this morning and Hannah pulled the blankets down again and jumped on it. She is NOT allowed to jump on beds. Then I cleaned up all the toys in the family room. It looks like a tornado hit in here. I don't even want to check Hannah's room. It was clean this morning, too.

So... the weekend... Thomas and I ended up not having our dinner date on Friday. We had both kids with us and they were cranky. So, we decided to just drive through somewhere and eat at home. The kids both fell asleep in the car so at least we had a few minutes to ourselves. Then Saturday we watched football all day. I love football season. We went out Saturday evening with just Ainsley and ran some errands. It seems like that is the only time we have together alone. But at least we are getting something productive done and not spending money that we don't need to spend. We did go for a walk last night with the girls. It was nice to just be outside in the cool air with them. So, now it is Monday afternoon and the week starts over again. My plans are to clean, organize some stuff and get some scrapbooking done. I am soooo far behind that it really isn't even remotely amusing. I have been such a terrible CT member lately. But I did get two really cute layouts done for the RAKScraps newsletter. I can't wait to post them, but you'll have to wait a couple of days. I know, I know, the suspense is killing you!

3 comments:

Sislers said...

Sorry, I wish I could leave Makayla at home to keep Hannah distracted while you got some stuff done, or just to relax. Believe me, she would love to do it too, lol.

Now, to get Ainsley on a bottle so you and Thomas can have date nights without any kids...because they are so nice :)

Brown Family said...

Bummer that you all weren't able to go "out" for dinner.
It is so nice getting things accomplished and being able to check things off the to do list. Glad to hear that you were able to get that done. :) Have fun scrapping!

chrissy said...

sorry dinner didn't work out! maybe next weekend...

isn't it awesome that the weather's cooling down a little? we're gone every night doing something outside...a bike ride, or the park, tonight we're headed up to the mountains to do a little hiking... :)